What's new

Hackcell

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi,

I've noticed the capcom jvs to jamma converter has a multipin connector back of it. Is it meant to have a sega jvs/analog board connected to it? does it generate any sort of issue/problem/benefit to have both connected at the same time?

Thanks!

That port is for analog controls. In one of my videos I use a racing wheel with the Capcom I/O via my S-JIHP pcb. See here (skip to 9:26):

Cool!

So, in that setup the naomi gets power from a dedicated power supply and you have another PSU for the capcom i/o and your PCB.

How feasible is to power the whole thing from a single (650 watt+) ATX PSU?

The PCB is powered completely by a separate power supply. So you see me using the Capcom I/O in that section of the video. The I/O is powered from the JAMMA edge. It is responsible only for the inputs, sound, and video. I just wanted to show the Capcom I/O being used to play a racing game. Normally I use a Type 1 Sega JVS I/O for Naomi with my S-JIHP for controls. I hook audio and video directly to my LCD TV to play.

That port is for analog controls. In one of my videos I use a racing wheel with the Capcom I/O via my S-JIHP pcb. See here
I may have asked this before but is that port pin compatible with the Type 1 Analog port? I haven't been able to find much information in the way of a pinout for it.

The 20-pin analog connector is the same on all of the sega I/Os and the Capcom I/O. I have never touched a Sega JAMMA JVS I/O but they should be the same too.

Thanks again for sharing... always nice to run across things I already have to help me move forward!
Your video was exactly what I needed to find this eve.

Untitled.jpeg

Back