What's new

kingau

Professional
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I was working on my japans Aes system, Installing a unibios chip.
Now my system doesn't work, All I get is a flashing green and yellow screen.

I looked on the bottom no broken traces. try to remove the chip holder to look at the top,
but I didn't. I don't want to keep working on it and making it worst.

Does any body know a person who can repair this issue?

Thanks

Flashing green and yellow screen sounds like it can't read the BIOS. Are you sure the UniBIOS chip is good? Have you tried reinstalling the factory BIOS in the socket to see if it boots?

If it doesn't work with the factory BIOS either, I agree sending it to someone who has worked on these before is the best solution. Where are you located?

Agree with the above, and in my best Pace Picante Sauce voice, NEW YORK CITY!!!!!

James in Honolulu does great work, but I'm not sure you want to mail it all the way to him. If you do, hit him up on his site, Jamma Nation X:

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/

Thank you all for the replies and advice!

I been testing the pinouts, and some don't read.

Going to keep looking over the board to see if I could fix it.

Try adding some flux to put solder back in place. Definitely the #1 test is to put the OG Bios back and see if it boots. If it doesn't something went wrong in the socketing process, I'm afraid.

I went over the board, and connected the traces on the bottom.
and now I have video and sound, but the video is all glitched.

Try adding some flux to put solder back in place. Definitely the #1 test is to put the OG Bios back and see if it boots. If it doesn't something went wrong in the socketing process, I'm afraid.
I didn't think of that, Thanks Darksoft...

I'm going to try, But I have to wait due to my work schedule.

I have tested the board, and fixed the traces... but still have the bad graphics, it's a bit better.

But I don't have the proper tools.

Is there any one else who is taking in repair jobs for the neo geo aes at this moment?

Thanks in advance

but still have the bad graphics,
Bad graphics where? Bios? regular carts? If It's only BIOS, which I doubt, that would mean still some problems there. If it's somewhere else, that means that something else is gone bad, maybe a solder blob. Have a careful look at the main board.

I looked over the board, I know it's the bios. I rushed on taking out the bio... instead of taking my time.

I'll keep at it!

By the way does anyone have a photo of the neo geo aes motherboard, with the bios pinouts.

BIOS is 27C1024 compatible.
Thanks Apocalypse
If you did it very quick, you may have taken/ripped a track. That would be bad and would require schematics or another board to check where pins are going to/from.
Yes exactly! That's where I'm at Darksoft, And thanks for the link and help.

And thanks to everyone aswell!

Back