What's new

Dk310

Professional
Reaction score
  • hi Guys, hoping your day is going well.
    I just got the Noir from KC arcade. (Great guy!)
    Well I bought a ttt2 board from a member here last year and was finally able to get the cab to go with the board. Well after plugging in everything, the game starts, but I get no sound at all.
    After 20 different configurations of cable movement, I decided to try out my KOF 2k2 UM board and I get sound, but with no picture. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you again :)

I had an issue of no sound with my noir and it turned out to be an issue with my vs-connect PCB. I replaced it with a new std-connect PCB and I get sound fine now. I am only running system 357/369/ES3x systems in my noir though. Possibly not the same issue as yours though, hard to be sure.

If there's any info you might need let me know as I have an original noir Japanese manual which contains the schematics. There is a Tekken 6 manual I believe which has some noir schematics which I also have, but this is a dedicated noir manual which contains full teardown information and whatnot.

first is the problem from the noir or the ttt2. hook a set of speakers to the green audio plug on the ttt2 see if you get sound. if you dont get sound there then the problem is at the ttt2.

Last edited:
thanks guys. I just tried it again and the sound started. Weird. I'll keep you all up to date. :)

heads up i had a similar sound issue. turns out it was my system 369 cable going from the ps3 side to the namco custom board. i just reseated it and sound worked fine.

thanks bro. I got it up and running also. :)
Hope you are enjoying the marquees

If there's any info you might need let me know as I have an original noir Japanese manual which contains the schematics
do you have this as a soft copy that you might be able to share?

Noir information is so hard to come by

I had an issue of no sound with my noir and it turned out to be an issue with my vs-connect PCB. I replaced it with a new std-connect PCB and I get sound fine now. I am only running system 357/369/ES3x systems in my noir though. Possibly not the same issue as yours though, hard to be sure.

If there's any info you might need let me know as I have an original noir Japanese manual which contains the schematics. There is a Tekken 6 manual I believe which has some noir schematics which I also have, but this is a dedicated noir manual which contains full teardown information and whatnot.
If there's any info you might need let me know as I have an original noir Japanese manual which contains the schematics
do you have this as a soft copy that you might be able to share?
Noir information is so hard to come by
would be great to get the manual uploaded, I am still not sure what this huge transformer does in the back, no spare tappings just seems to be a 100-100 v transformer.

I am still not sure what this huge transformer does in the back, no spare tappings just seems to be a 100-100 v transformer.
Most likely it's just that, ie. it's isolating. I don't have a Noir (yet), but quite a few newish Japanese cabs seem to come with them these days. I have cabs from Namco, Taito and Konami that all have them.

Correct, those are isolation transformers, and many support both 110 and 220v AC in.

My Noir has been gutted completely, except for the monitor adjustment pcb. It's got a computer in it now, running Steam, with a new 24V PSU for the Sanwa monitor, and a new Audio AMP.

There are SO MANY pcb's in that cab, its insane....from power supplies, to the psu condenser board, to the various I/O's...it is really intense, for what a cab SHOULD have to do.

It was far easier to gut it all, than work around it, because if I want Tekken 6/TTT2, I just hook up my ps3, instead of the PC. Controller boards, video, auido....all just a cable swap.

That's obviously not the solution for everyone....but for my space, its what works.

But why does it need an isolating transformer? Is it to smooth out the power supply.

I know what an isolating tx does but why is it just Namco fitting them, I have owned other cabs by Capcom, SNK and Sega which don’t have them fitted.

Do the Taito Vewlix cabs have one?

I haven't seen one in a Vewlix, but I have a Groove Coaster (Taito) and a Sound Voltex (Konami) that both have one. I haven't seen a Sega cab with one either, however, I don't have anything post-Linbergh from them. Like I said, I think it's somewhat of a new development. None of the older Japanese cabs (late 80's, 90's, early 00's) have isos.

So the Sega Universal cabs that do Standup Jambo Safari/Crazy Taxi, have huge ISO's in them, I assume to help the sound systems, as they have that huge sub in place on those cabs.

Most older cabs had monitors that didn't self-isolate....anything Wells Gardner K7000 series and below, absolutely had to run with an ISO, or it would blow the chassis. Don't believe any of the Nanao MS8's ever needed this...so all the early sega candies did not need them.

Past that, i'm not as familiar with the more modern LCD cabs, except my Noir.

Most cabs here in AU have isolating transformers since we're 240v

isolating or step down?

The old U.K. CRT cabs also came with iso transformers, but this was due to having a crt screen that needed isolating.

I used to own a Segal Aero city that came factory fitted with a 240-100volt stepdown, this was one of the German new old stock Aero’s.

The Noir is 100volt, did they even make a 240v model.

You have to remember that almost all transformers are isolating. So if a cab needs a step down (like in Europe or Aus) it will also be isolating, even though it probably didn't need to be. I don't know of a single Japanese monitor chassis that specifically calls for an isolating transformer.

Also, the step downs Sega put in Euro cabs are crazy. They're 750 / 800 W beasts. You can power three or four cabs with one. If you have one of those around you don't need an Airlink.

Back