What's new

hanx0r

Beginner
Reaction score
Good day,
I'm using a full size Jamma cabinet (Some Atari Hockey from 90'), with PB4 inside. Everything works.

I've recently bought PB6 (a pink box). Video and sound work perfectly well, but none of the controllers/buttons work. Lterary none.
Hoping it's a damaged unit, I bought a second one - same effect.

Anyone heard about issue like this before?

Two "damaged" boxes - hard to believe.

Help?

make sure you control grounds are hooked up properly...is common problem with pdb because thats the exact spot is different from standard jamma

Pull the pinout for the JAMMA edge for the 6. It's probably CHAMMA, so your harness is not sending the right signals to the right areas. You will need either a new harness, or an adapter, or some other component in between to send to correct signals to the right pins on the PB 6 edge

Pull the pinout for the JAMMA edge for the 6. It's probably CHAMMA, so your harness is not sending the right signals to the right areas. You will need either a new harness, or an adapter, or some other component in between to send to correct signals to the right pins on the PB 6 edge
Hmmm, looks like that's the issue. There are Jamma to Chamma adapters, but I do wonder if it's not as easy as cutting or re-wiring some of the original jamma conector cables in the cabinet. The issue is I can't find specs for CHAMMA to know what to modify.

Connect button 4/5/6 direct to the Jamma and that is it usually.
So you have to remove the ground from pin 27

B4 = pin 25
B5 = pin 26
B6 = pin 27

you used a pb4 before? pb6 and 4 pinout should be the same - at least they were for me... ?(

that's what i'm saying, pinout on both is chamma - if the pb4 has been working, pb6 should work as well.

Ah I see, re-read the 1st post...
No idea why it shouldn’t work then :(

Some of the Pandora’s boxes are full JAMMA. Depending on manufacturer, since there are so many “Pandora’s boxes”

when I built my supergun I wanted to test it on a “throwaway” pcb, so I got the cheapest Pandora’s box I could get on amazon. Was normal JAMMA pinout and I had all the buttons working correctly in game and in the button test menu, all on a standard JAMMA harness.

So it’s possible he had a 4 that was JAMMA, not CHAMMA. Basically you never really know what you are going to get in the box lol

Some of the Pandora’s boxes are full JAMMA. Depending on manufacturer, since there are so many “Pandora’s boxes”

when I built my supergun I wanted to test it on a “throwaway” pcb, so I got the cheapest Pandora’s box I could get on amazon. Was normal JAMMA pinout and I had all the buttons working correctly in game and in the button test menu, all on a standard JAMMA harness.

So it’s possible he had a 4 that was JAMMA, not CHAMMA. Basically you never really know what you are going to get in the box lol
CHAMMA is just Jamma + b5/6 on the Jamma edge instead of a separate kick harness.
So it should work fine with only 3/4 buttons depending on how his cab is wired

CHAMMA is just Jamma + b5/6 on the Jamma edge instead of a separate kick harness.So it should work fine with only 3/4 buttons depending on how his cab is wired
True...its been a few years since I tested with one. Stupid CHAMMA lol

If you plug a CHAMMA board in to JAMMA wired cab, the only thing that will happen is that the 6th button inputs for both players will be set to a constant ON state (since the inputs are grounded). Nothing more.

Back