What's new

LittleLarrySellers

Professional
Reaction score
This game has huge nostalgia factor for me and even though it is mindless I love it.. especially the voices!

I see this is a really huge pain in the ass though with JAMMA as it doesn't even have a friggin edge. I did some googling and I don't see anyone selling JAMMA adapters.

Does anyone here make them or know where I can score one that would safely work via supergun route.

you probably can't find one because it has some wacky power requirements:

J15V 1 -15V
J15V 2 -15V
J15V 3 +15V
J15V 4 +15V
J15V 5 GROUND
J15V 6 GROUND
J15V 7 KEY
J15V 8 12V AC LO
J15V 9 12V AC HI

From: http://tech.quarterarcade.com/tech/KB.aspx?g=1083&kb=89

Also, in typical Atari fashion the PCB is large enough to function as a hang-glider, so you might want to ensure the thing will actually fit in your cabinet.

Yeah it looks very scary from a connection standpoint. By far the weirdest I've seen so far in my searches for older boards.

Though when the zombie apocalypse finally starts I can use this PCB as a weapon and a hang-glider to escape so there is that.

Does anyone here make them or know where I can score one that would safely work via supergun route.
you can do that yourself. it's not too difficult at all.
I built it myself a few years ago..........
Gauntlet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
your jpg link doesn't work... how did you do the -15/+15 with a standard arcade PSU? I've never even heard of that before.

I assume that is related to the audio? Is that why the audio was so dope on this game? the extra 3 volts?

"SAVE KEYS TO OPEN DOORS."

I really like Googling things and finding someone who solved my problem for me already and is open and willing to take my money. 8o

no need for 15V +/-
you just have to note that the sound is not amplified on jamma pin 10 & L (stereo)

you can do that yourself. it's not too difficult at all.I built it myself a few years ago..........
Gauntlet.jpg
Wow, kudos for this, and how clean it came out! I bet you could sell these! Hell, I don't own a Gauntlet, but I'd buy one in case I ever did!

i see the slapstic chip is bypassed,
so it's a conversion - owner needs to put some damned stickers on the eproms!

yes,
it is converted to another version, but I have the original slapstick & romset.

of course I know the discussions about the eprom stickers too.
however, never had a problem without them...........

It's alive!

Decided to give this a try and am quite pleased with the results. I made my first JAMMA adapter and didn't royally screw anything up. I was very happy when I heard "Treasure 100 points"!

Definitely need to work on the cable management @Astro X but thanks for the pic got me motivated enough to try this little project out. 8o

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 305
Back