What's new
Yeah, you’re getting ripped off. Everything is unlocked offline by default on the current build, nobody needs to “convert to offline”. There is definitely some margin for importing a cab but $2,000 is simply too high. Limitation right now for me hasn’t been cost, it’s supply, I don’t have enough coming my way to meet demand. Also yeah, there is private network support offered.

Also fwiw I believe it does do a touchscreen check on boot that will cause it to fail if not connected but I haven’t disconnected to see

Oh also yeah private network is cab only, no hacks

Everything is unlocked offline by default on the current build
It's all offline in previous builds too. There's just less stuff :).

2k for a cab is crazy. $1600 for those parts is worse. And the fact that they said they'll "convert to offline" is proof they're scamming you. Steer clear of that seller for sure.

Everything is unlocked offline by default on the current build
It's all offline in previous builds too. There's just less stuff :).
2k for a cab is crazy. $1600 for those parts is worse. And the fact that they said they'll "convert to offline" is proof they're scamming you. Steer clear of that seller for sure.
So how much are cabs going for then? I appreciate you pointing all this out to me. I've been getting my Namco System 256 machines ready and wanted to dip into this but didn't have much knowledge.

I can't speak to a dollar amount for mine, I traded.

I've seen a few from 9-1200 the past couple years but prices change.

I know @Cereth just said there are supply issues, but maybe he can share a rough idea on pricing?

FWIW regarding the parts route: that X3 with drive and dongle is only around $100 on YAJ. Sometimes you'll see Theatrhythm X3s go for 50.

Maybe 175-250 for a fast io and reader? Those are more in demand.

I've seen a few full setups with screen and panel on YAJ now and again and they end under $500.

Yeah it's a supply thing. Basically pay $1,650 if you want stuff and want it now, you're paying for someone to have it for you pretty much. I was pricing at $1,250 last year, $1,500 now since I've been having to pay more to get cabs. Anthony I think said he can get cabs sooner and was listing for $1,750, but he's usually busy an isn't actively doing orders? I think?

If I'm going to be paying the same amount for individual parts in comparison to an actual cab, I should just get a cab. I don't have the money for it right now but it's certainly something I'll circle back to.

It's definitely worth it in the end to do it right and can confirm, cereth's a great person to do business with

Also one thing I can add regarding touch screen: P&D won't boot without one even if you have everything else attached. It also does a hardware check on the screen so you can't just wire any touch screen and make it happy. Wouldn't shock me if Theatrythm is the same.

Back