CharGP02A

Student
Reaction score
Hey there,

So I may be getting the following:

Theatrythm control panel
Game in HDD form
Type X-3 motherboard

Do I need a power supply for this or other parts? I just want to run it via VGA in a computer monitor for now.

You'd need a touchscreen monitor. And it's 720p and widescreen, so VGA won't do too much good (assuming it's just a VGA monitor).

Do you have any recommendations for the touchscreen monitor?

No idea, honestly. I just own a cab.

You also need a Fast I/O, and a card reader.

What is a Fast i/O? Did a quick search on it and it seems to have something to do with programming?

Any suggestions for a card reader?

What is a Fast i/O? Did a quick search on it and it seems to have something to do with programming?

Any suggestions for a card reader?
Its a type of JVS IO board. You'll have to find one on here or YAJ. They're a few hundred bucks.

You'll probably need to look for the card reader in the same places. They're not specific to the cab, but they're required for the game to boot.

Honestly you'd be better suited cost wise to just buy a cab. Unless you're getting a screaming deal on what you've already found. They're not that expensive (relatively).

You may be right but my staircase isn't wide enough for me to fit one up here lol. I live in the 2nd floor of an apartment.

Are you sure? It's a really small cab and weighs very little.

The ones I played in person look pretty big. I think the width of my door is like 32 inches or something?

The ones I played in person look pretty big. I think the width of my door is like 32 inches or something?
Then it'll fit just fine. I think my inner doorway is 30 and it slides through fine.

They're fairly tall with the artwork on top, but otherwise they're not big. And they're light for a cab.

I have FFRythm cab, you do need Fast I/O, no need for card reader as there is no way to connect to Nesica X Live currently anyway.

And you do need touch screen as the UI to select song is only touching gestures

Cab is a standing up threfore it's quite tall ( roughtly 2m included the marquee on top)

Cab is very small width wise and can fit into any door easily

X3 won't boot into game without the card reader being present.

oh i see.
Best is to buy the whole cab.
Also you can only play few free games (no card) before the game ends, no save progress or anything like that which make the game less fun compare to the functional cab in japan

Also you can only play few free games (no card) before the game ends, no save progress or anything like that which make the game less fun compare to the functional cab in japan
Some folks have worked this out. Not entirely sure how public that is though.

Like its been said, probably best for you to get the cab.

But in case anyone is interested, I have the following parts I could sell for Theatrythm:

X3 Motherboard with Game HHD/Dongle
Control Panel
Fast IO
Card Reader
TouchScreen Monitor

I should measure the ceiling to the ground now that I think about it lol

I have someone offering me $1610 for all the parts, converting it to offline, and for shipping.

That seems like a decent deal but I think the original cabinets are like $2000, right? And then I get all the parts, I'd need to get a custom arcade cabinet fabricated. So in essence, it probably would cost around the total of the original cabinet anyway.

$2000, really? The cabs cost like 50k JPY in Japan. That's some margin on them.

I say $2000 in US because the arcade distributor web sites that I find list them for that much but I know that probably doesn't count shipping.

It plays offline natively. They're not "converting" anything, they're screwing you over.

Ask @Cereth if you're looking to buy a cab. He's a quality seller.

Back