What's new

Telpherion

Student
Reaction score
Hello all! I had the chance to get two original Thunder Dragon boards. The first one worked perfect, but I got not sound on the second one. Inspecting the board I just realise that the board without sound doesn't have the Sound processor and 3 74LS245 chips are missing. I could not notice any solder imperfection on the boards, looks like this components never were soldered on it. It is possible that this boards come out of factory without them on some cases? Also, is there a change that just putting them I can have sound working on the second board? Thanks!

Attachments

• thunder_2_2.jpg
    thunder_2_2.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 164
  • thunder_1_2.jpg
    thunder_1_2.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 146
The NMK110 is not the sound CPU but an MCU used as protection.This means this second board runs unprotected code.Hence the lack of sound depends from something else.

The NMK110 is not the sound CPU but an MCU used as protection.This means this second board runs unprotected code.Hence the lack of sound depends from something else.
Hooo good to know! But this lack of protection could be a factory mod? or someone remove it? Thanks for the response!

Back