What's new

segasonic91

Student
Reaction score
I am sick of trying to buy boards I want but being anable to because of the ridiculous prices around lately. I stupidly passed on a Moonwalker with bad sound (easy fix!) for ¥33,000 and Revenge of Death Adder (one of my ALL TIME favourite arcade games) for ¥58,000 with instruction card and manual in 2017 I thought the price would keep dropping and then I would buy it but someone beat me to it. The $ was a hell of a lot better back then, too, making it even harder now.

So I decided to make the boards myself until I manage to get an original. I have the information for Shadow Dancer and Moonwalker from Apocalypse's wonderful work but cannot find a rom list for GA2 and Arabian Fight. I thankfully did buy Spiderman in 2017 so I am good there :D Shame the board is such rubbish condition, which of course the seller did not show. I told myself I'd get another one day, ha.

but cannot find a rom list for GA2 and Arabian Fight. I thankfully did buy Spiderman in 2017 so I am good there
Arabian Fight sucks, its just a trash beat'em up don't waste your time with it.

GA2 is great, but honestly Spider-man is better... GA2 gets way too repetitive, esp in the later stages when the thrill of riding a new/different creature is gone.
Also worth mentioning, the character design is pretty fucking awful here.
  • Basic Warrior (OK but more than a little uninspired)
  • Dwarf riding a giant? (yes we've all see Mad Max Beyond Thunder-dome Sega, I would have preferred just the Dwarf solo)
  • Little devil thing (I guess he is OK too, I do like the pitchfork weapon and the heal gimmick)
  • Horse lady thing (fucking stupid, case in point when she rides another creature she grows human legs and sits down WTF?)

but cannot find a rom list for GA2 and Arabian Fight. I thankfully did buy Spiderman in 2017 so I am good there
Arabian Fight sucks, its just a trash beat'em up don't waste your time with it.
GA2 is great, but honestly Spider-man is better... GA2 gets way too repetitive, esp in the later stages when the thrill of riding a new/different creature is gone.
Also worth mentioning, the character design is pretty fucking awful here.
  • Basic Warrior (OK but more than a little uninspired)
  • Dwarf riding a giant? (yes we've all see Mad Max Beyond Thunder-dome Sega, I would have preferred just the Dwarf solo)
  • Little devil thing (I guess he is OK too, I do like the pitchfork weapon and the heal gimmick)
  • Horse lady thing (fucking stupid, case in point when she rides another creature she grows human legs and sits down WTF?)
I know that Arabian Fight is more of a tech demo for the amazing sprite handling of the SYSTEM-32 (would have made an awesome 32X debut game, too!), but I have a soft spot for it. Besides to me, it is second behind the awesome Spiderman (it took over Final Fight as my favourite beat em up at the time! But then I met Violent Storm... that's a tough call!) as far as SEGA arcade beat em ups go but I think it is FAR better than the SUNSOFT/SEGA Tough Turf and WESTONE/SEGA Riot City. I still wish Riot City had a MCD conversion though (along with about 200 other games).

Yet another SEGA or SEGA hardware game that had no SEGA home port! So annoying. Riot City on MCD would have MURDERED Crest of Wolf on the PCE Super-CD, too. HUDSON did a godawful job on that one. But the 2mbit memory really did not lend itself to fighters or beat em ups. The PCE didn't have the power to rival the MCD there. Just look at FFCD or even the botched Sengoku Denshou.

Okay I am raving now, back to topic. I love, love, love GA2. I have never forgiven SEGA for no Saturn port. I do agree that the horse chick and Gillius on the giant was, a weird choice, but I still love it. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it in an arcade.

I have never forgiven SEGA for no Saturn port
Also they had other System32 ports like Gale Racer on Saturn... So why no ports?
Not just GA2, but the arcade Spider-man or yea even Arabian Fight would have been purchased by me IF available.

I wouldn't call Gale Racer a port, it's a remake IMO. Bad one too.

Back