What's new

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Bought a CPS-2 Pro Gear A/B set from this forum and it's arrived with the wrong sounds in the game. Here's a video:

Anyone have any ideas for diagnosis. Is this likely a hardware issue, or is this just simply a "not-properly-done" conversion?

I haven't checked yet, this was sold as a working conversion, so I assumed there was no further work to do. Is there a list somewhere of the jumpers to check for this conversion?

The jumper settings (from 1-28) are:
COOC CO OCOCOC COCOCOCO COCOCOCO (C = connected, O = open)

Thanks @PascalP, will check it out. Is there a easy way to open the Capcom Security Bit?

Thanks @PascalP, will check it out. Is there a easy way to open the Capcom Security Bit?
Since its pheonixed I'd think its pretty loose anyways, try pulling it out? If not, you might be able to rotate the top board and kinda get the b board out without breaking bit.

If the jumpers are ok and ROMs 11 and 12 are ok too, you should check the B Board Revision number. If it is Revision 3 or 4, it should have a wire jumper from PAL3 pin 9 to C13 pin on CN3 connector, because those old revisions need an extra route to work with 4MB audio ROMs and PAG type G. The Pin 9 from the PAL3 should be left out of the socket too.

Last edited:
This is an example of this kind of conversions over Revision 3 and 4 boards.You can see the red wire jumper I mentioned.

Attachments

• punisher_2.jpg
    punisher_2.jpg
    944.5 KB · Views: 207
Someone mentioned it above but PAL jumper wire isn't connected or connected incorrectly - I'm thinking it's a PAL G and it's connected to pin 9 but it hasn't been removed from the socket

Someone mentioned it above but PAL jumper wire isn't connected or connected incorrectly - I'm thinking it's a PAL G and it's connected to pin 9 but it hasn't been removed from the socket
Which makes sense as I know whom did the conversion and in a similar conversation re the multi, they had no understanding of the PAL requirements.

Anyone have a solution? I have the same Sound Problem. Was trying with that Jumper cable, but then i have a other Sound Crap.

Anyone have a solution? I have the same Sound Problem. Was trying with that Jumper cable, but then i have a other Sound Crap.
The jumper settings on my board were correct. This was fixed in the end by adding a wire from PAL3 pin 9 to C13 pin on CN3 connector and also leaving pin 9 of the PAL3 out of socket as @Telpherion explained above.

The jumper settings on my board were correct. This was fixed in the end by adding a wire from PAL3 pin 9 to C13 pin on CN3 connector and also leaving pin 9 of the PAL3 out of socket as @Telpherion explained above.
Thank you! Yes its aliiiiveeee! I have the board over 2 years. I was think Its a broken costum chip or so.... Im so happy now! Thanks Guys! ❤️

So seems like you guys were able to fix this with a jumper wire on the B board? What if the issue is tied to my A-board? I've tested both a VSAV stock Bboard as well as the multikit and it works with one of the A boards but the other gets weird sound glitches as described above. Any ideas on how to fix?

The patch wire is on the A Board (motherboard).

The image above looks like it's from the B board and I don't have any socketed PAL on my A board, all soldered ones.

Last edited:
Back