What's new
The Vewlix JVS PSU (M1300100A) looks identical to the one that was in the AWSD that this board replaces. Can someone please confirm the pinout on a Viewlix JVS powersupply? But it looks like this adapter board maybe more a JVS board and not just an AWSD board, which opens up the use case to many more cabs. :)
Its not the same loom. The Vewlix one is slightly different. Long story short, I tried to use my swn-jvs harness in my e3 and it didn’t work.
On the Vewlix power supply, it appears to use the same 2 Molex connectors (The 8 pin and the 12 pin) - if the loom is different, is the pinout on those 2 molex connectors the same?
The Vewlix and e3 JVS power supply is the same junk weiya, but the vewlix loom has some spots unpopulated.
Yeah that's what I was thinking from the pictures I saw.

So, correct me if I mixed this up, A meanwell qp-150-3a with one of these interface boards would work as a power supply replacement for the AWSD, E3, and the Vewlix.

The Vewlix JVS PSU (M1300100A) looks identical to the one that was in the AWSD that this board replaces. Can someone please confirm the pinout on a Viewlix JVS powersupply? But it looks like this adapter board maybe more a JVS board and not just an AWSD board, which opens up the use case to many more cabs. :)
Its not the same loom. The Vewlix one is slightly different. Long story short, I tried to use my swn-jvs harness in my e3 and it didn’t work.
On the Vewlix power supply, it appears to use the same 2 Molex connectors (The 8 pin and the 12 pin) - if the loom is different, is the pinout on those 2 molex connectors the same?
The Vewlix and e3 JVS power supply is the same junk weiya, but the vewlix loom has some spots unpopulated.
Yeah that's what I was thinking from the pictures I saw.
So, correct me if I mixed this up, A meanwell qp-150-3a with one of these interface boards would work as a power supply replacement for the AWSD, E3, and the Vewlix.
It would work for the AWSD and most E3s. As far as the Vewlix, we really wont know until we try, but the loom thats in the vewlix is different from the AWSD/E3.

Got my batch of PCBs from JLC a little while ago, they came out really nice, black solder mask and ENIG gold plating. Still waiting on more voltage LCDs, using my batch of 5 that I overpaid for on Amazon, so can make a few of these. Ill go back through the PMs in order when I get ready to sell these boards. I wanted to wait for my voltage LCDs to show up from China but who knows where they are, so might just order more off Amazon and do small batches.

TTZqC9z.jpg

They make a model that is a bit expensive but has all the output one could wish for in an arcade power supply. The QP-150-3A is about $100 but has 3.3, 5, 12, and -5.
Neat solution! Is the fan on the thing temperature/load controlled?The datasheet lists the range for 5V rail as 3A-15A, have you tested with any 'low-amp' PCBS as quite a lot them draw less than 3A,
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/PCB_Power_Consumption

https://www.meanwell-web.com/content/files/pdfs/productPdfs/MW/Qp-150/QP-150-spec.pdf
The fan runs continuously even with no load. They had a prior/discontinued model the QP-100-3A which was fanless and had a slotted case; my guess its the same/slightly tweaked design, and with the added fan comes a higher rating. I had contemplated just disconnecting the fan and de-rating it down to ~100ish watts, but after running it with the fan, its so quiet that I don't even notice it. I saw the current range listed and thought it was a bit odd the minimum was so high at 3 amps; typically its 10% of the maximum rating, which would put it closer to 1.5A. I haven't had much time to put this supply though it's paces, but optimistic the worst side effect would be a higher than expected voltage which could be seen on the LCD and adjusted down to remove the overshoot.
I would really like 2 of the pcb's....but not without knowing for sure, that this will not be an issue....as i'm not about to throw some of the more delicate pcb's on this unit, and watch em go up in smoke, from being fed too much current.

as i'm not about to throw some of the more delicate pcb's on this unit, and watch em go up in smoke, from being fed too much current.
It doesn't work like that. The PCB won't ever draw more current than it needs (well, as long as it isn't faulty).

The question here is if the PSU has a certain minimum load and the PCB draws less than that, then there's the possibility of the PCB not getting any power.

However, nothing's going up in smoke.

My bad...I thought the minimum amperage was a forced current load from the power supply, not a minimum spec of what must be drawn, in order for current to be established......that does relieve a few concerns.

as i'm not about to throw some of the more delicate pcb's on this unit, and watch em go up in smoke, from being fed too much current.
It doesn't work like that. The PCB won't ever draw more current than it needs (well, as long as it isn't faulty).

The question here is if the PSU has a certain minimum load and the PCB draws less than that, then there's the possibility of the PCB not getting any power.

However, nothing's going up in smoke.
I recall some of the high-wattage MeanWell PSUs would output this rather annoying high pitched whine when a PCB isn't drawing a minimum amount of current. Glad to note that it won't harm the PCB, but I wonder if it harms the PSU itself.

I have been testing these PS interface boards with nothing attached to the JAMMA connector and the voltage LCD reads a steady 5.05v - so even under no load it seems to be regulating the 5v line correctly. No noticeable high pitched whine while doing these tests, just the low hum of the internal fan.

@dewmansnk

I have a good few of those low voltage boards, include Mr Driller, Strikers 1999, and the Neo....now that I know that it wont toast my boards...I will be happy to report functionality when i can get ahold of one of these.
I am ordering 1 meanwell in the next couple days. If it doesn't work for the low voltage boards, I can find something else to use it on.

Well good news, I just got my order confirmation from Digikey today for the Molex and JST connectors, and to my surprise the voltage LCDs from Amazon showed up today (was quoted 4/19 on the site), so the BOM is coming together. Hopefully will have everything and can start building boards by this weekend. I haven't forgot about those who PMd, I will fulfill orders in the order I was contacted. So far the 20 in this batch should be able to cover all interested parties.

Hey Dewmansnk,

Just a question on the Meanwell QP-150-3A. I have two if them and they are exhibiting the same behavior. The pot for v2 does not adjust the voltage for 3.3v. The pot for v1 adjust the voltage for 5v and 3.3 so I can never get 3.3 or 5v exactly. Am I doing something wrong?

I actually haven't had to play with adjustment pots on the supply yet, it was at 3.35 and 5.05 out of the box, let me fiddle with them tonight and ill report back.

Also I using a voltage meter at the terminals as I noticed the little LCD are not super accurate

Yeah the voltage LCDs have a little calibration POT on the back to help dial them in a bit better. I got a 4 1/2 digit fluke DMM that I was going to do some adjusting against.

So the closest I can get the voltages is 3.3v 5.1v and 11.79v. No matter how I adjust the pots the voltage will be off on one of the three.

Dewmansnk, what are you running in your AWSD? With this power supply?

Also on a side note I do have one extra power supply for sale please let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
So just tested the adjustment pots and they work as expected, I can dial a range well above and well below the rated voltage. Pot V2 correctly adjusts the 3.3v rail and pot V1 correctly adjusts the 5v rail, this adjustment is made without load on the power supply. I did notice that the 12v rail seems low, around 11.5v but I suspect this is because there is no load on that rail.
Attached are some quick pics that show the change in voltages and the pot I am adjusting. I didn't go full range but enough to confirm that I have some room to go above and below the rated voltage. Also, I did confirm that adjusting V1 doesn't affect the 3.3v rail and adjusting V2 doesn't affect the 5v rail - the pots appears to be only adjusting the single rail voltage.

https://imgur.com/a/5QnuyJY

**The pics seem to be slightly out of order, as the 4.88 volt reading was when I lowered the 5 volt rail - that is NOT a reading from the 3.3v rail.**

Also, the fan seems to be on the 5v rail as I could hear it spin up and down as I am making adjustments. Hopefully that fan being on the 5v rail will help with meeting the minimum load recommended.

Hope that helps.

Edit **

Just tested the 12v rail unloaded and loaded down

https://imgur.com/a/VwIA8F3

Varies from 11.58 under no load to 12.19 with load (1000 mile miglia test board)

Last edited:
Finally done calibrating and soldering on the voltage LCDs. Almost all the voltage LCDs were spot on or ~ 10mV off (+- 0.01) so not bad consistency at all. Now just need to unit test these boards and some final cleanup before I reach out to the folks that PM'd me and make a sales thread for the rest. 19 out of 20 will be available, had to keep one for myself.

T2TmoMx.jpg

Back