What's new

Jorel81

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I recently got myself a PVM 20L5 and I noticed something really strange.

So first let me start by saying, I don't have any issues with any of my other boards on this PVM. Everything looks amazing. Also I am using the HAS Supergun with S-Video (currently in the process of ordering cables for RGB).

When using my PGM board on my PVM, I get this strange bend in the picture at the top of the screen. Picture below. Now here's what's REALLY weird to me. With my old supergun, I would get the same thing on my old Sansui consumer CRT. When I got the HAS, TTL mode cleared it up. Now however, I get the same thing with my HAS on the PVM, no matter what setting I use on my HAS. When I plug the PGM board into my OTHER CRT consumer TV (Sony Trinitron), the picture looks great. No distortion.

I even tried using my old supergun with component, and got the same results on the PVM. Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening here?

PGM_PVM_DISTORTION.jpg
Please forgive the quality of the picture. The picture quality with the PGM is actually great, if it wasn't for the distortion at the top of the picture.

Does your supergun have a sync cleaner? (Not the same as a sync stripper.) I had a Samsung consumer CRT that wouldn't work with the PGM.

I'm using the HAS, I'm not sure. But the PGM works fine on my consumer CRT TVs.

I'm using the HAS, I'm not sure. But the PGM works fine on my consumer CRT TVs.
Might be worth it to try the "regenerated" CSync (please refer to the instruction manual for the HAS).

Hi Mike,

I tried every setting possible on the HAS. The only thing left I think is a possible setting on the PVM or maybe going to RGB with C Sync?

Not too sure.

I definitely need to get some RGB going though. :)

I'm having the same issue with the HAS and the PGM to a Sony PVM 20L5. Were you ever able to resolve this?

I ended up just enlarging and recentering the picture a bit to cut off the warping. Looks fine and its the only board I own that has this issue. I dont think there is a fix. If you find one by all means please let me know.

Hey Smiley!

Yes unfortunately I wasnt able to fix the issue using RGB. Never figured this one out. Seems like somebody else is coming across the same issue now.

I presume its not a simple V/H HOLD and POSITION adjustment??

I have seen it on one of my test LCDs (With a PGM Motherboard). BUT it only happens for a few seconds when i first turn the pcb on. And then it fixes its self. Have you tested another PGM Motherboard??

Hey Smiley!

Yes unfortunately I wasnt able to fix the issue using RGB. Never figured this one out. Seems like somebody else is coming across the same issue now.
Brother you have the worst luck I've ever seen! When the OSSC Pro comes out, buy it immediately so that your stuff will work on all your monitors!

I've seen similar issues with some PCBs on my Sony BVM. I route the signal though an extron rgb 203 rxi and that fixes it.

I had tried an extron. No luck. Also i have 2 PGMs with same result.

Totally waiting on the OSSC Pro man. I also picked up an LG C9 recently.

You can go from an HAS, to the OSSC, Pro to a PVM? For some reason I thought it only had HDMI out. Im assuming the OSSC Pro like the current one will introduce some latency, even if minor.

By the way if anyone here would like to sell me a Viper Phase 1 USA Version or New Version I have money in hand and I also will sing and dance. Thank you.

Last edited:
I tried this today using my Extron 192V, via a 8-pin mini din cable to my HAS 8-pin mini din to HD-15 adapter, and I couldn't even get a usable image. Not sure if I should be using a different cable? Anyway, not a success.

You can go from an HAS, to the OSSC, Pro to a PVM? For some reason I thought it only had HDMI out. Im assuming the OSSC Pro like the current one will introduce some latency, even if minor.

By the way if anyone here would like to sell me a Viper Phase 1 USA Version or New Version I have money in hand and I also will sing and dance. Thank you.
The current OSSC does not introduce lag as it’s a line doubler, also why it’s not fully compatible with some displays (it’s the PCBs off spec from the monitor).

The OSSC Pro will run in line doubler mode or adjustments mode, which will add lag. Supposedly under a frame.

The current OSSC does not introduce lag as it’s a line doubler, also why it’s not fully compatible with some displays (it’s the PCBs off spec from the monitor).
The OSSC Pro will run in line doubler mode or adjustments mode, which will add lag. Supposedly under a frame.
Does the original OSSC have an analogue video output? I always thought it was digital output via HDMI only.

And if it does have an analogue output could it solve this issue with no latency?

The current OSSC does not introduce lag as it’s a line doubler, also why it’s not fully compatible with some displays (it’s the PCBs off spec from the monitor).The OSSC Pro will run in line doubler mode or adjustments mode, which will add lag. Supposedly under a frame.
Does the original OSSC have an analogue video output? I always thought it was digital output via HDMI only.
And if it does have an analogue output could it solve this issue with no latency?
Yes, with adapter:

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=Analogue_video_output_options_for_OSSC

The OG OSSC will not help you, presumably, because it's a line doubler and you'll still have the same issues with your CRT.

You'll need the OSSC Pro to adjust the signal to work with your display.

Back