What's new

Anselmo

Champion
Reaction score
Tried to revive this B board with an infinikey and it failed. Used the suicide test rom and got this error. Is there actual Ram on the B board I need to look at or could this be something else?

Isolated the issue to the B board.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200212-170544_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200212-170544_Gallery.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 274
sadly i replaced those this evening from a parts board (acid damage) and the problem persists. Going to try the LS 373 chip around the ram next and test the resistor arrays- ANY suggestions or insights are highly appreciated!

If the problem persists, get the CPS2 Wiring for b board and do a continuity test on ram pins.

Last edited:
I meant to say, I have a parts B board that has acid damage, but the rams are in good shape. I took those off and used them to replace the suspected bad ones on the B board. This one in is actually really clean with no signs of any dust or corrosion.

I'll check out the wiring spreadsheet and have a continuity check party! Thanks for the feedback.

I took a look at the wiring spreadsheet and tested the ram pins and inspected the board under magnification and tested any suspect looking traces. No broken traces. Hoping not to have to swap those 100+pin custom chips.

yep. A board confirmed working with other b board

I had object ram errors on one b-board, turned out to be a single trace below the program rom chips (3-10) leading to the LS245 chips, which connect through to the A-board. See if anything around there is damaged/faulty.

I had object ram errors on one b-board, turned out to be a single trace below the program rom chips (3-10) leading to the LS245 chips, which connect through to the A-board. See if anything around there is damaged/faulty.
That's not a easy find, because of that i did post the complete schematics, so he can check it better.

that test rom is interesting, is the sourcecode available?

its the razoola test rom. You can download it at cps2shock.com

i'v seen the rom,
but is the source online?
it could be usefull if ported to cps1 hardware. :)

i'v seen the rom,
but is the source online?
it could be usefull if ported to cps1 hardware. :)
There's not much to test on CPS1, main CPU can't access palette RAM, sound RAM or the DRAMs for GFX.

Back