What's new

olum64

Student
Reaction score
Hello folks I have two namco systems with RAM errors here I took a picture of all 4 PCBs! where is the ram? makes the mistake?

and a picture of the error

hope someone can help

game is cyber cycle

IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG

Greetings from Bavaria

iirc the 4th board/video bd. cyber cycles tends to have the video bd broken.

I may know a fix. Look at the C404 chip on the video pcb. There are three ram chips near that custom which is the palette ram. Replace all three of them first. They are 32k x8 SRAM (SOJ28); originally NKK N341256. If replacing the ram doesn't work, then it might be a bad C404 or some pins need to be resoldered.

This issue is more common on Namco System 23 pcbs as that uses a C404 as well (hint: replace the fan if the pcbs get dusty). Both my Motocross Go pcbs were dusty and one fan didn't spin so I cleaned both pcbs and replaced the fans. I was pretty lucky both pcbs didn't give me a C404 error (same for a twin Time Crisis 2 I restored).

Last edited:
Hello thanks for the feedback I am trying to exchange the chips

SRAM N341256SJ-20 SMD

im found ebay

LINK

fit the?

It should. Decided to look at a Namco System Super 22 video pcb (since Cyber Cycles is System Super 22 as opposed to regular System 22). The ram chips match the one you linked. There are more of these ram chips at different locations if you wish to replace them eventually.

hello so my friend got his time crisis to test

I have now inserted the video board Ram error gone! but graphics errors then I still used the DSP board still graphics errors

his time crisis works perfectly all pcb good

unfortunately i didn't put my boards in his system to test against

my question can the graphic errors come from the CPU board?

IMG_0966.PNG

IMG_0965.PNG

As a matter of fact, yes. To find out which board is defective, you will have to do some board swapping with your friend's Time Crisis pcb set. The issue itself looks like bad ram on whichever board is defective.

Hello, have a nice day

have now exchanged the 3 ram on both boards

some pictures of the work

0A0415E1-6F79-42BD-90EA-BDE0C7F258EE.jpg

IMG_1184.JPG

The ram error is fixed, the game starts!

So now it's time to search for graphics errors that are only in 3D! 2D is good text etc.

IMG_1189.JPG

I also hang a picture of the ram that I suspect are on the Rome board

B039B361-508F-40E9-83E7-06D10D454E47.jpg

greetings to all arcade freaks

Attachments

• IMG_1188.JPG
    IMG_1188.JPG
    692.6 KB · Views: 255
Back