What's new
If you want to try adding the rest of the sounds, try concatenating u7+u6 from the original Dyna Gear set and then burning the resulting file to a 27c160 and installing in the SND1 location.
I just tried it and it worked perfectly - now all my audio sounds just like MAME. :thumbsup:
Sir,how you made 2 files to result one to be writen then on a 27c160? Thank you :whistling: ^^

I've searched for a picture of sub board yesterday afternon of Super Real Mahjong P7 . no success until now . since in Mame nobody knows what she looks or what number she have writed o
there was one on Yahoo Auctions a few weeks back and I grabbed the auction pictures. it's a unique sub board but it's basically just a VISCO-JJ1 PCB with lots more ROM space.

srmp7.jpg

It looks like the PAL that I dumped from U25 on my Dyna Gear board isn't in MAME yet.
Have you tested your PAL dump? There are quite a few that I've dumped and looked correct but they wouldn't work once programmed to a new chip and tested on the PCB.

It looks like the PAL that I dumped from U25 on my Dyna Gear board isn't in MAME yet.
Have you tested your PAL dump? There are quite a few that I've dumped and looked correct but they wouldn't work once programmed to a new chip and tested on the PCB.
I tried programming the PAL dump to a GAL, and it doesn't work right - the board malfunctions with garbled backgrounds. I tried dumping the PAL with a different model programmer, and when I wrote that dump to a GAL, the board didn't boot at all. So it seems that I can't dump this PAL directly with the two programmers I have on hand.

Maybe I can look into the Dreamjam solution that @Hammy linked sometime down the road...

Anyone knows if Drift out 94 or Pachinko Sexy Reaction is convertable into VASARA games?

Anyone knows if Drift out 94 or Pachinko Sexy Reaction is convertable into VASARA games?
Drift out goes to storm blade as stock, any other titles will require lots of mods / not worth it.

Reactions: nem

There's been some chat about Dyna Gear Conversions lately, I did this conversion AGES ago using Survival Arts as a Donor. If you loook at the mame driver: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/ssv.cpp

Dyna Gear and Survival Arts use the same SAM-5127 sub-board and have the same memory map.

Here's a picture of such a conversion (not mine):
dynagear_sam-5127.jpg
Good afternoon, sir ! Please , can you check on your SA sub board and tell me what eproms chips are needed for the roms swap? Thank you in advance for all!

-What is needed for : u16,u17,u22,u23,u26,u27 ?
-What is needed for : u6,u7,u8,u9 ?
-What is needed for : u3,u4 ?

Have a great weekend there ! :thumbup:

can you check on your SA sub board and tell me what eproms chips are needed for the roms swap? Thank you in advance for all!
no need to check my board... this information can be found by the ROM file sizes and are also silk-screened on the PCB

U3/U4 - 27c040
everything else = 27c160

Guys...if you need “Survival Arts” its one available for an offer here ^^
Thanks, I dont understand if he is selling both boards for $200 or each.

In any case Survival Art is at most a $50-65 board, thats about what I would pay for these, and that's what I have bought them for in the past, not sure if things have changed.

the price of SA has gone up both because of the conversion potential and because some people started collecting "shitty fighters" (see also: SFTM)

$200 is still overpriced IMO. you can still find them for $100-$120.

Good morning sir @twistedsymphony ! I'm looking to know something , can you help me in this matter ? Recently my SSV board + sub board arrieves but now it's on Hammy's hands . He tell me about the ST0004 custom chip is faulty on my STA-0001 motherboard. Please, if you have in your collection , can you tell me if SAM-5127 - rom board will work on another motherboard than STA-0001 (i'm reffering at STA-0001B :saint: ) ? I just want to know if i can purchase another motherboard to use it to play DG conversion with it than my faulty STA-0001 mb . Thank you in advance for your help ^^

Last edited:
can you tell me if SAM-5127 - rom board will work on another motherboard than STA-0001 (i'm reffering at STA-0001B )
yes, I believe it will.

I've swapped many games around between the two mobo revisions and never had a problem. I've heard rumor that Vasara has problems with the older STA-0001 Mobo but AFAIK everything should work on the STA-0001B

can you tell me if SAM-5127 - rom board will work on another motherboard than STA-0001 (i'm reffering at STA-0001B )
yes, I believe it will.
I've swapped many games around between the two mobo revisions and never had a problem. I've heard rumor that Vasara has problems with the older STA-0001 Mobo but AFAIK everything should work on the STA-0001B
Ok , then,since i don't intend to have Vasara in my collection yet , will be much easier to grab another suitable motherboard. Thank you sir ^^

I am bumping this thread as I would like to know if anyone has a pic of an original Dyna Gear Sub-Board. I have a STS-0001 sub-board with "KL POH" labels that I always thought to be original and would like to see a Dyna Gear board with a SAM-5127 sub-board. Thanks.

Back