What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
Some plus two months back, I purchased a 512mb NetDimm from an overseas seller on eBay. After a month and not receiving it, I sent a message to the seller to ask what the status was. Turns out my payment was rejected somewhere during the process. Sure was good of him to never notify me of this. I tried sending him payment 3x more. Each time the payment was rejected. After some back and forth for weeks, he gave me another email address to send the payment to. The payment finally went through! This was followed soon after by the sound of crickets. No tracking number. No emails. No status update. Great. I got scammed. I opened a case with eBay. They told me I was screwed because I sent payment using an email not registered to the seller's account. By the way, eBay's support is just god awful. I was told to raise a case with Paypal. Paypal notfied me to open a case. Paypal would then force the seller to produce a tracking number. If not, then I would be refunded my money after some time. And so I did, and more waiting now begins. In the time between, I was able to pick up a working NetDimm from a member on KLOV. I had given up hope on ever seeing that NetDimm from eBay.

Today, i worked from home so that I could receive a delivery for a printer that I purchased. The UPS guy banged on my door and lo and behold I received two packages. One was the printer. The other was some box shipped from overseas. I buy stuff from China all the time to save dough. Getting a package from overseas is not unusual. Both packages were heavy. No way the smaller package had a NetDimm in it. It was just too heavy. Then as I opened it, I could see an red and white oval tag denoting "512MB" stickered to a metal casing. Sure enough, it was my long lost NetDimm! Only it was shrouded in some purple box. I pulled that out and found it was attached to this:

IMG_0822.JPG

The Triforce sure is sexy. Don't know if the seller sent me the wrong package, wasn't smart enough to know the NetDimm detaches from the PCB, or he was too lazy to unscrew it from the Triforce. But I am happy. No idea what I am going to do with this. But first thing is first, I need to see if that NetDimm works. But I think I will go out and buy a lottery ticket first!

That is some good luck!

I purchased a Taito G-Net motherboard from a seller in Japan on eBaby. It never arrived, but the seller was quick to offer me a refund. Maybe one day that will show up at my door step!

That is some good luck!

I purchased a Taito G-Net motherboard from a seller in Japan on eBaby. It never arrived, but the seller was quick to offer me a refund. Maybe one day that will show up at my door step!
Yeah, always protect yourself in these transactions. Never pay as a gift. Bite that extra 3% for the piece of mind. Anyhoo, the Dimm was supposed to have 3.17 firware. Turns out it had 3.03. I tried NetBooting to 3.17 first, but the NetDimm wouldn't take it. But it NetBooted to 4.02 just fine. And sure enough, it works great. I now have two NetDimm's. Grabbing some beer, and lottery tickets, and watch the Game 1 of the WCF tonight!

Still don't know what I am going to do with the Triforce however :/

Still don't know what I am going to do with the Triforce however
There are a few games you can netboot. We just released that version of F-Zero that will allow you to play without a FFB system. Also is a soccer game you can play. Unfortunately, you can't play the Mario Kart games on the Type 1.

Still don't know what I am going to do with the Triforce however
There are a few games you can netboot. We just released that version of F-Zero that will allow you to play without a FFB system. Also is a soccer game you can play. Unfortunately, you can't play the Mario Kart games on the Type 1.
The problem with that is the hardware that is required for it. I do have a Cruisin' USA sitdown cab. But I don't think the steering wheel and pedals are compatible for that. F-Zero is an awesome game though. I do have the JVS I/O board that came with my NAOMI2, but all the rest of the stuff would be hard to get.

The problem with that is the hardware that is required for it. I do have a Cruisin' USA sitdown cab. But I don't think the steering wheel and pedals are compatible for that. F-Zero is an awesome game though. I do have the JVS I/O board that came with my NAOMI2, but all the rest of the stuff would be hard to get.
Just buy my S-JIHP and then mod some controls. I'm pretty sure you can play this game with a joystick and gas and brake pedals. :)

Interesting. I'd convert one of my Cruisin' USA cabs to a cockpit/sitdown racer for that purpose. That operator that I picked up most of my cabs from also let me have an arcade flight stick. Thing weighs like a ton. Anyhow, the Triforce is going into cryo-sleep for a while. Soooo many other projects to work on. Don't know when or what I will do with the Triforce. First things first, get my fighting cabs going and my Tekken 5 machine up and running.

I have got a Triforce type 3, does anyone know what can i do with it? with Netdimm?

cheers

I have got a Triforce type 3, does anyone know what can i do with it? with Netdimm?

cheers
Pretty much you are able to play 2 versions of Mario Kart, 3 versions of Virtua Striker 4, F-Zero, and that's it. The Triforce doesn't have a huge library.

But the Netdimm you have has a large library you can play for Sega Naomi, Chihiro, and Atomiswave systems and beyond. Misread your post.

Last edited:
Back