What's new

serge85

Student
Reaction score
Hello guys,I'm having problems with 2 MVS games, the first one is Samurai Shodown, the game "kinda" works, the music plays fine....but the graphics are way wrong (you'll se in the pics)

1) as soon as I start the Neo you know something is off:

ff3f375.jpg

2) the tutorial:
084b3a6.jpg

The CRC check in the unibios is ok, but the game looks like shit
;(

Ok, second game, Metal Slug 4:

As soon as I start the game I can notice something is wrong (some garbled graphics):

f808ed8.jpg

BUT, after that screen the MEGA, the playmore logo, the intro all plays ok, AND if I reset (only reset) the MVS using the unibios menu then I don't get the garbled graphics:

fceacc8.jpg

I don't care about the garbled graphics at the start as long as I can play the game right? the problem with that is that sometimes I can finish the game, and sometimes I can't, the reason? the game crashes in stage 2, or 1, or 3, or 4, or 5....and I'm greeted by this unibios error screen:

00450b1.jpg

The CRC check is ok, and I've cleaned the carts, in the case of MS4 I've reflowed it...and it still crashes randomly.

Is there anything I can do? do you have some advice?

Thanks for your help!

I've only seen that Unibios error when trying to play one of those 100-in-1 MVS carts on a single slot board. Sorry I can't offer much more help than that.

Well I just want to do a quick update.

It seems my unibios doesn't like my metal slug 4 cart, I 've been testing that cart a lot with another neo that doesn't have unibios and it works fine.

Ohh well, I'llplay MGS4 on my multicart with the unibios (works fine).

What about the samurai shodown cart? did you manage to fix it? also, if you paid for the unibios, you can request the latest version (3.3). Might fix you issue, however I have used uibios with metal slug 4 since version 3.0 and have never seen any problem.

Back