What's new

thegreathopper

Professional
Reaction score
I have a really weird fault with my PGM, basically when doing an input test I have no Right on player 1 and no Left on player 2.

Double checked my sticks and super gun, works fine with MVS and have tested on the jamma edge and still doesn’t work, tracks all look good and no battery rot.

Any ideas? Thanks

Can you test with another setup to see if you get the same issues (right on player 1, etc.) If you can and get the same issues then you can start to narrow down things on the board.

Whenever I have issues like this I usually just have to either clean the Jamma edge connector or the cable and then reseat the board. Basically like an MVS cart that is booting glitchy.

Thanks for your reply, it’s only with the PGM, my MVS board is fine on the same setup.

the fault is defiantly on the PGM board, the strange thing is now when I go into the PGM hardware test and hold down buttons 1,2&3 I can right to show on player 1.

I have had 3 PGM boards and all have had problems, never had a problem with other boards, Cave, Neogeo, Capcom.

I only want to play DOJ and Ketsui!

Oh man that is weird. I haven’t had to fix any IO issues before to be honest so not sure where to start on the motherboard. I have two v14 boards and haven’t had any issues yet. Fingers crossed. I will look around tomorrow and let you know if I come up with any ideas.

Try taking off the cartridge connector on the motherboard and cleaning it. Just inserting it a few times can clean it up nice as well. Sometimes the connector gets crooked due to the board warping or dirty over the years due to oxidation/tarnish.

Back