What's new

jbrlll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long story short I walked into my house in early 2018 looked into the formal dining room and wondered why in the f... do i have two dinner tables, I had never ate in that room in nine years. Out of the blue I had this crazy idea of just putting one real arcade game in. I started with a SF2 CE, a month later and a thousand hours on forums later that cab had a re-capped monitor, NOS graphics from the early 90's, all sanwa buttons with happ comp sticks, and darksofts multi in a cps2 rev 7 from japan. Fast forward to today and that room is lined with: time crisis 2, custom cab with Griffin Aerotech's skycurser with a switcher to orig. Cave deathsmiles, carnevil, blast city horizontal with St-v running darksofts multi with a switcher to MVS running 161 n 1, new blast city vertical running orig. Cave ketsui with a switcher to gunbird 2. My current vewlix L ami project brought me to your guys' little heaven on earth, I cannot explain how helpful @Niko @jassin000 @tom5151 @atrfate @Dreygor @PascalP @Derick2k @deibit have been in assembling a dream TTx2. I had left an engineering undergrad program in SLO, CA back in '99 when the LA County FD hired me at 23 years old, I had left a tech world for a blue collar world. Its been a great career but its not an environment where i can discuss my interest in tech. Try telling a firehouse about thirty year old integrated circuits and electrolytic capacitors. LOL. (I won't even dive into my pinball addiction, it would be cheaper to mainline black tar H.)

@Darksoft I'm coming for that cps1 multi!!! Cash in Hand.

Thanks again everyone!

Welcome! Sounds like you have quite the set-up already started :) Glad I could help and if ya need anything just give us a shout :)

Welcome! Like Dre said give us a shout if you need help.

I started getting into pinballs myself, the $$ and time that hobby takes is insane, almost like saving up a down payment to buy a house level :D , but I’m hopeful. So far the Metallica and Star Trek pins are wide approved.

Wow, some great stuff you got there :thumbsup:

Ow and please share some pics of your pinballs, sure lots of people love it!

why in the f... do i have two dinner tables, I had never ate in that room in nine years. Out of the blue I had this crazy idea of just putting one real arcade game in.
That's a fantastic idea!

We're glad you like it here.

Wow, some great stuff you got there :thumbsup:

Ow and please share some pics of your pinballs, sure lots of people love it!
@PascalP I’ve redone two pins so far. A 2003 Stern simpsons pinball party and a 1993 Gottleib Mario Bro’s. So many mods and hours and hours of soldering in all new solenoids. I highly recommend SPP, the ruleset is so deep.

Attachments

• DD01F467-4CF5-46EB-8792-16561D46B26E.jpeg
    DD01F467-4CF5-46EB-8792-16561D46B26E.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 127
  • E5A69BD5-DE79-43D0-9213-E51830B48027.jpeg
    E5A69BD5-DE79-43D0-9213-E51830B48027.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 136
I grew up with one of those old-school untouchable "Frontchrooms" (as we say in Chicago).
You only reserved it for visitors like a front office lobby.
Bust out a coffee cake, brew a pot, have a conversation.
Maybe you'll have Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner in there.
Other than that, it just all looked nice and collected dust.

Sounds like your Frontchroom is coming along.
Welcome!

Back