What's new
Received! That was fast, thanks RGB! I see some of the dip switches are for 4th, 5th, 6th buttons, what are the others for?
Awesome :) all 6 switches are for buttons 4, 5, 6 for both players.

Ahh finally, don't have to open my cab and get on the floor everytime to swap a board...

SZhBXcwl.jpg

Worth every penny! :)

just received the jamma extension. I've been wanting one for my supergun set-up for quite a while. Thank you @RGB for your great work

Hi all, someone care to elaborate what this means:

"RGB‘s dual-PCB harness will significantly alleviate the wear and tear effect on the supergun’s edge connector, that would have been otherwise caused by swapping arcade boards."

I dont get why this harness is reducing wear and tear on the SG.

Also, is this a "normal" Jamma Harness Cable like this: https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=2559

and can i use this for my Superguns Sigma Raijin and Sigma AV 7000/1AV ?
Thank you! BR

Also, i dont get why you call this extension? Do i need to have at least one Jamma Harness (that i can then extend with your one)

Hi all, someone care to elaborate what this means:

"RGB‘s dual-PCB harness will significantly alleviate the wear and tear effect on the supergun’s edge connector, that would have been otherwise caused by swapping arcade boards."

1.I dont get why this harness is reducing wear and tear on the SG.

2. Also, is this a "normal" Jamma Harness Cable like this: https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=2559

3. and can i use this for my Superguns Sigma Raijin and Sigma AV 7000/1AV ?
Thank you! BR
1. You plug this in one time and that's it. The other end attaches to your game PCB, so the end in the SuperGun does not get used after the first insertion.

2. Yes, but it is much higher quality, also will extend your extra buttons if you use them (like for Street Fighter or other games that use 6 buttons). It's made by a guy who makes one of the best SuperGuns, so likely the quality of the wires is as good as you can buy.

3. No idea, I would assume so if they are JAMMA, but I believe some of the Japanese SuperGuns do not use a standard JAMMA connector. You could probably use it if they have a connector that terminates at JAMMA. Plug this into that end.

Reactions: RGB
Also, i dont get why you call this extension? Do i need to have at least one Jamma Harness (that i can then extend with your one)
Because this "extend" as in makes longer your JAMMA connection. Without this, the HAS SuperGun plugs directly into a game PCB. This allows some distance between the SuperGun and the HAS.

Your Japanese SuperGun probably has an extension already that comes off your control panel then goes to the PCB. This extender is like that for normal SuperGuns.

Reactions: RGB
I see thank you ! I want one, please :)

Can i replace my working one? :

Does it have a Service Button to insert coins, too? Cuz my SG doesnt.

No you can't replace that because as I suspected, your Japanese SuperGun is not JAMMA at the control panel.

What you can do is keep that cable, buy one of these and plug it into your JAMMA end of your current cable, then into the game PCB.

I'm not sue why you would want to do that other than having a really long cable though.

It will work, but generally it's not advised to use long wires for DC voltage, especially when you deal with a few amps at +5V. The longer the wire, the greater the resistance (=voltage drop), meaning even thicker wire might be needed here to reduce resistance. Perhaps it would be better to replace the ATP300 supergun's JAMMA harness altogether?
Also, before you go really long like that, note the warning from @RGB about doubling your length.

Thanks ! I wanted it, because of the better material and build quality in RGBs cable, hence better picture quality (hint: 75 Ohm and shielding).

But know i will live with it ;)

Received it a few days ago, thanks for the fast shipping,works great!
F2132F89-787D-4328-AF6C-44708B83848E.jpeg
Hey! You should post NSFW tags for such pictures!

But seriously, that is a beautiful setup. What kind of MVS board are you using?

Back