What's new

RGB

Champion
Reaction score
Way overdue, but I'm happy to announce that the first run of my JAMMA extension harness is ready!
  • The harness costs 70 USD. More information and optional items:
    • Supergun dedicated (not only for the HAS)
    • Hard gold plated JAMMA edge contacts (not soft gold "ENIG")
    • ~60 cm cables length (~68 cm total length)
    • 2x16AWG for GND, 2x16 AWG for +5V, 1x18 AWG for -5V, 1x18 AWG for +12V, 22 AWG for everything else
    • DIP switch to enable/disable buttons 4, 5, and 6 outputs on the JAMMA connector
    • Compatible with the HAS kick harnesses (and it doesn't require any AUX harness between the HAS and the extension harness)
    • Clean design with solid copper planes and no unnecessary vias
    • Built-in voltmeter to monitor +5V

• Optional items:
    • 4mm thick plexiglass case for both ends of the harness + bolts and spacers - 15 USD
    • CPS2 input connector for buttons 4-6 (UNNECESSARY FOR THE HAS! Only needed if you want to use HAS dedicated kick harnesses but you don't own a HAS supergun or a supergun that is capable of outputting 6 buttons per player via the JAMMA connector) - 4 USD
    • Test and Service buttons (OMRON brand) - 4 USD
    • CPS2 kick harness, ~25 cm, 22AWG wires(black colour) - 10 USD
    • CPS1 kick harness, ~45 cm, 22AWG wires (green colour) - 10 USD
    • ST-V kick harness, ~45 cm, 22AWG wires (green colour) - 10 USD

52500256501_a9fcd0b787_c.jpg

49552833187_530f4c02b6_c.jpg

Attachments

• 49552879522_2608f5b5de_c.jpg
    49552879522_2608f5b5de_c.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,629
Last edited:
I want one. How do I order? I also want a cps1 HAS kick harness.

Hey RGB, could you make a 150cm (5ft) version of this?

Great to see someone making a high quality JAMMA harness. I love the design!

Just to check I've understood right... I'd like to be able to use the harness with both a Minigun and a Japanese control box that uses a CHAMMA-style pinout (buttons 4, 5, and 6 on 25/c, 26/d, and 27/e). Am I right in thinking that adding the optional CPS2 connector would let me use both superguns with the same cable (by plugging in the Minigun's CPS2 kick harness as an AUX harness or leaving the connector unused for the control box)? Or does adding the connector mean it always needs an AUX harness?

Am I reading this right? This can be used with other super guns other then the HAS one? I have the Windy ATP 300 and was wondering if this is compatible with that supergun?

Am I reading this right? This can be used with other super guns other then the HAS one? I have the Windy ATP 300 and was wondering if this is compatible with that supergun?
the atp300 already has a long harness. Were you looking to replace it or make it extra long by doubling up?

It will work, but generally it's not advised to use long wires for DC voltage, especially when you deal with a few amps at +5V. The longer the wire, the greater the resistance (=voltage drop), meaning even thicker wire might be needed here to reduce resistance. Perhaps it would be better to replace the ATP300 supergun's JAMMA harness altogether?

Thank you for your honesty RGB, I appreciate it. I do use a jamma extension on my arcade cabinet and it's one of the crummy Chinese ones. Would this be a good alternative to that one?

Back