What's new

verymickey

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello

i found this place because of an ebay auction for an CPS2 A/B board and realized a) the desire is strong to have an arcade experience at home and b) i have no clue how to go about connecting a CPS2 A/B board to a tv and to some input device.

Good to meet everyone and thanks in advance for any advice/answers given for all the dumb questions ill be asking

M

If you are looking for something easy to use and high quality, I recommend adding your name to @RGB 's HAS pre-order list.
You have a few options when it comes to control, an adapter to use console controllers or build/buy a supergun arcade stick.
When you say "TV" do you mean old/glass CRT or new flat LCD/OLED?

BTW I was at Retro World Expo in Hartford this year, great little event if you haven't been yet.

If you are looking for something easy to use and high quality, I recommend adding your name to @RGB 's HAS pre-order list.
You have a few options when it comes to control, an adapter to use console controllers or build/buy a supergun arcade stick.
When you say "TV" do you mean old/glass CRT or new flat LCD/OLED?

BTW I was at Retro World Expo in Hartford this year, great little event if you haven't been yet.
Thanks guys. Super easy and high quality is a combo I like. For screen, i dont have a direction yet. been reading about CRT's a bit to know that the tubes in arcade machines are tricky/dangerous to work with in you have no clue what you are doing. Also been reading up on PVM's and their pros/cons... so maybe LCD for its ease to start? Also, is eBay a good place to shop CPS2 Boards? or is it generally considered overprices/sketchy?

I havnt been to RetroWorld Expo, didnt even know it existed until now but looks awesome. Ill be there this year for sure.

I really don't like CRTs... But if you do get one I recommend a analog/SD consumer TV with component inputs. You can get a cheap/quality SCART-to-component adapter easily from Amazon.

PVMs/BVMs are the kingz of retro displays, but holy shit have you seen the prices lately? Not to mention the biggest L5 (best PVM made) only came 20" max. Also you'll likely be shipping one? Yea... Don't do that (dead on arrival is a real possibility)!

Personally I swear by my 55" LG B6 OLED when paired with the fantastic OSSC (SCART-to-HDMI) device. You can even order the OSSC from Amazon now (and it's under 200$).

Back