What's new

Mune

Beginner
Reaction score
Tried booting up my PGM and sheep_nova's conversion of Ketsui last night when i ran into a couple of issues. First, the motherboard was not getting any power. Second, the contacts began to overheat so i quickly turned off my cab to avoid doing any harm (the JAMMA edge was definitely aligned correctly). Could this just be due to dirty contacts? Or did i get a faulty motherboard?

Update: A good bath did the trick. I'll have to remember to do this next time before creating a thread.

Last edited:
Normally 5.1v when according to my JNX Atlas. It won't even display with the PGM hooked up.

Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Take some pics of the PGM MB with the plastic shell removed.

Does the PGM boot without a cart inserted?

Wow, that is a filthy motherboard,

I would give it a really good clean but it looks like there is some corrosion in places that could be causing a short circuit.

Wow, that is a filthy motherboard,

I would give it a really good clean but it looks like there is some corrosion in places that could be causing a short ccircui
That was my next course of action. Wasn't sure if these boards are know to be temperamental. I normally clean anything used, but a buddy was over and wanted to see Ketsui running. I'll give this board a thorough cleaning and post an update in a day or two.

I have not had much luck with PGM boards, maybe I have been unlucky but out of 3 they all had issues mainly related to damage caused by leaky batteries.

Back