What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
I'm specifically looking for someone who owns the single board version as I need some info about some of the ICs on it.

heck any good high-res photos would be great, but if you have a PCB even better :)

this is about the only image I've been able to find which isn't good for much to be honest...
pulirula.jpg

Hope you find it, dont think ive seen any of the single boards for sale ever.

I do have a the more common one though.

Hopefully someone chimes in with a great hires pic.

A lot of searching (プリルラ)

But a whole lot of nothing with the single board. Just pics of the sub-board.

Yeah I think the ROM board versions were mostly JP market and the single board versions were mostly the rest of the world. Given that PuLiRuLa likely didn't get much of a release outside of Japan the single board it's not surprising that it's hard to find.

Huh, never heard of it before... But it looks just bonkers!
Guess it has a Saturn port? Do I dare check it out?
It's another horrible game you guys like to pretend is somehow cool isn't it?

I have the dual board version. If it helps in any way, let me know and I can take pics.

Never seen a single board version for sale. I have a single board Metal Black if that somehow helps?

It’s a great game, like a acid trip gone wrong. This title has unfortunately crept up in price over the past two years. Which sucks because I paid what I thought was expensive from Tops at the time. But it’s nothing seeing what people pay nowadays for it.

It’s a good game @jassin000, you’ll get a few laughs out of it.

I have a single board Metal Black if that somehow helps?
Could post some hi res pics somewhere? I would like to see it, its one of those game I have failed to pick up. I would prefer to pick up single board versions if I could.

I would like to know more details as to why they did single boards vs the rom/mb versions, etc...

I love the visuals and it's a brawler. The Saturn version is better than the PS version (the PS has a little suggestive sex section cut), but t o be honest @jassin000 I feel like I know your preferences when it comes to brawlers, and this one is not "good" by your standards. No offense is meant here, I just know you really understand the nuances of a game (which I love reading about, like your point about NBA Jam PC version), so I just know this one might be too simple for you. Also, the Saturn and PS ports are crazy expensive now too. Maybe if you have a Saturn emulator and just d/l it? I believe an arcade emulated version is available on a Japanese PS2 collection, but I don't have that one to comment.

Overall, it's fun for a play through once, and to show friends weird Japanese shit, but it's not a "keeper" in the sense of replayablility.

To each their own. It’s one of the most played games in my tidy selective collection. It is very much a keeper.

I’ll get photos of the Metal Black posted up here soon for you @Derick2k

Also do you still have that Trio the Punch available?

I’ll get photos of the Metal Black posted up here soon for you @Derick2k

Also do you still have that Trio the Punch available?
Thanks.

I do, its one of those titles you kinda wrestle with keeping or letting it go, at least for me. Another weird game that you just go, this will never work, but it freaking does in a good way :D

If you happen to own a copy and feel like backing it up to play on Saturn.

Either buy a Pseudo Saturn cart all over the internet or get an action replay 4mb and burn a pseudo Saturn disc. (Preferred)

Then you play your backed up collection cdrs to your hearts content.

Then you could load Pu Li Ru La and wish you had backed up Three Dirty Dwarves instead which is a stellar beatemup

Piff... Rhea bro, disc drives are bullshit.
Where could I buy one of these awesome devices?

I feel like the guys business model is Cartman’s amusement park.

There’s no contest between tech but if someone has a memory card for Saturn lying around. They could be playing backups today is all

Back