What's new

ricard2798

Beginner
Reaction score
So I just got my Darksoft MVS cart, and I am ready to put my neogeo Minito good use, but where can i find a document or video on how to prepare my sd card?
From what i read, there must be a game folder, and maybe a firmware folder... but again, I am not sure.

Also, do i need to patch roms, (read conflicting info about non patching, but that then some games need to be patched) (If so, how do i patch what is needed to be patched?) or jsut drop them in there (I recall that the other company that should remain nameless, required to use a special software to prepare the SD and load the roms)

Anyways, any guidance will be much appreciated

Well, this forum is definitely helpful! (all sarcasm intended).

Anyways, I solved my problems.

Might be helpful for the next newcomer to know that.

1st-Take your sd card and format it to fat32

2nd-then make a folder called games in the root of the sd card. You do not need all the other folders unless you plan to get fancy with firmware updates and such

3rd-Then dump the roms in there... keep in mind that many room collections come in zip formats which will not work on the cart, so make sure each rom is in a specified folder, with the raw rom files on it. (This is where i went wrong)

note, that if the cart boots to garbage screen, it might be cause of folder with bad rom format (cause it cant find roms)

I’m sorry no-one managed to answer your question in a timely manner, but it’s good that you’ve discovered the answer you needed by yourself. Indeed I find that to be the best way to learn.

There are a lot of really nice people on this forum, and many who will help with all kinds of problems. But as with any forum, that depends on them actually having the time to be here.

On the bright side, I’m sure the clear and concise information you have added on the card preparation will come in handy for some people, so thank you for that addition.

Back