What's new

Daikath

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey,

Arcades in the Netherlands died out a lot a logn time ago.. Long before other regions. however I am a big fan of Neo Geo and their arcade hardware.. A local gameshop had some Neo Geo cabinet on their floor,even kept them in the back gathering dust but still wouldn't sell them..

However I recently figured out it was relatively simple to get a neo geo board off of AliExpress and mod it so it runs off of a tv..

I have made some arcade sticks before and did some padhacking. But this is a step above that.

I ordered a lot of electronics. different sockets and cables for the controllers.Sanwa joystick and arcade buttons, a 1 slot Neo Geo MVS motherboard, insanely cheap from China. I even got a cheap bootleg KOF 2002 cartridge to put in it.

I'll open a thread somewhere else and describe what I found out doing research online on this. I'll write everything down elaborately. I hope someone more experienced would be willing to read it over and tell me where I'm going wrong or even doing something stupid.

As an arcade fan in a country which has lost its arcades a long time ago... I finally want a piece of genuine arcade hardware.. even if I'm going to play it on a regular tv. Maybe the Neo Geo cabinets in america has happ joysticks and buttons... But I like Sanwa better...

Hope to meet other neo geo enthusiasts here and regress with some nice 90s gaming.

Welcome! There’s a few good peeps from NL on here too.

Welcome mate, Neo Geo is awesome and there is heaps of love for it around this forum.

Welcome to the club :D

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I miss the arcades, the atmosphere and the social aspects of it. But especially the classic SNK arcade games.

Still, at least we have places like this, where we can at least get some degree of the social aspect. Even if it is just textual.

3qz1cf.jpg

Back