What's new

connor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to play Ketsui again but my cartridge does this when I turn on the cabinet, it skips the PGM bootup logo and has no sound:

I think I read somewhere about someone having similar issues with a DOJ conversion needing to boot an official PGM game to clear some nvram or something and then they were able to boot DOJ fine, could that be a similar issue to what I'm experiencing? I only have Ketsui and DOJ conversion cartridges.

20200127_191834.jpg

From AO:
Flipping the small switch on the mobo and hold it for about 30 secs while powered off to clear the NVRAM.

You can also get garbled stuff if it's not properly lined up. Try re-inserting and pushing the cart against the left or right edge of the connector (and then the opposite if one direction doesn't work).

From AO:
Flipping the small switch on the mobo and hold it for about 30 secs while powered off to clear the NVRAM.

You can also get garbled stuff if it's not properly lined up. Try re-inserting and pushing the cart against the left or right edge of the connector (and then the opposite if one direction doesn't work).
Tried flipping the switch for 30 seconds and reseated the cartridge a ton, no luck there. How would I go about troubleshooting this on a conversion cartridge?

Is it one of Fluffy's boards, or is it an actual conversion from another cart?

I've got very little advice then :(

Check the wiring, look for bad solder joints, just the usual stuff.

I wanted to play Ketsui again but my cartridge does this when I turn on the cabinet, it skips the PGM bootup logo and has no sound:

I think I read somewhere about someone having similar issues with a DOJ conversion needing to boot an official PGM game to clear some nvram or something and then they were able to boot DOJ fine, could that be a similar issue to what I'm experiencing? I only have Ketsui and DOJ conversion cartridges.

20200127_191834.jpg
Hey Connor, I had a similar issue, here was my post on the fix that worked for me:

IGS PGM Issues - board or cart?

You could remove the two pcb's from the cart case, carefully noting their direction, insert them into the PGM MB and see if your problem still exists.

Last edited:

Hey Connor, I had a similar issue, here was my post on the fix that worked for me:
IGS PGM Issues - board or cart?

You could remove the two pcb's from the cart case, carefully noting their direction, insert them into the PGM MB and see if your problem still exists.
That'll be a bit tough since my cartridge has a selector switch in the case to switch between normal/arrange roms, I'll look into it. I know someone that I think has the same issue and running the PCBs out of the cartridge still had the same result but I'll look into it tonight.

Ketsui and Espgaluda are always skipping the boot logos, as they disable the motherboard bios.

If something is going on behind that noise it may be the tile rom, otherwise the program rom. Check for dirty/loose connectors?

Last edited:
I made sure the socket roms were all seated, nothing looks wrong from what I can tell.

Seems like my DOJ conversion cartridge is having issues too now:

20200306_163642.jpg

Back