What's new

okgrak

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm close to finally getting my hands on a Sega Blast City. The cabinet is a 7.5/10, and the monitor has some light burn in (2930). Geometry looks good but I haven't checked the chassis. It's still wired for JAMMA/JVS.

For those that are experienced, what else should I be looking out for before buying one? Any indicators or things that would make this a great or terrible deal?

Thanks!

I had a minor issue with a Blast purchase that was ultimately resolved. However, it’s worth consideration.

I nearly purchased a Blast with a PSU that couldn’t adjust up to 5v to power a JAMMA PCB. The seller originally had a MAME setup in it for testing. The PSU provided enough voltage for the monitor, marquee light, and jpac. The MAME PC was plugged into the wall outlet/powerstrip. Everything seemed fine until we plugged in a JAMMA PCB instead of the mame/jpac setup. We couldn’t get the PSU to output 5v, let alone start up the PCB.

It all worked out in the end. The seller provided a working backup Blast PSU with the cab.

Back