What's new

Derick2k

Immortal
Reaction score
So I have my G4 giving me that RTC checksum error, I know theres a fix somewhere just cant find it.

Is is just a matter of replacing and flashing a new RTC ram chip? Or is it something different, I think the issue was that it was luck of the draw if the replacement chip's battery would be good still. Or is there another solution to avoid the battery issue?

does it use the time clock?
if it does then change the battery.

if not then maybe a non-volatile ram would work - but changing the battery is still simpler.

So I have my G4 giving me that RTC checksum error, I know theres a fix somewhere just cant find it.

Is is just a matter of replacing and flashing a new RTC ram chip? Or is it something different, I think the issue was that it was luck of the draw if the replacement chip's battery would be good still. Or is there another solution to avoid the battery issue?
A lot of the NOS battery backed chips can just arrive DOA. If it’s one of the epoxy convo chip / lithium battery chips you can drill into the side and solder a coin cell terminal in so you can power it via off the shelf batteries you know aren’t dead.

Not sure if your board will rewrite its own code to the RTC. M2 won’t. But maybe this will

Back