What's new

Brentradio

Champion
Reaction score
Being that I'm new to this part of arcade gaming, I was wondering which Joystick/Button Controllers are you using with your HAS - Home Arcade System?

Please post pics and info.

:D

I use the Neo Geo CD upgraded controller from @MagicTrashman on twitter.

Reactions: RGB
I first started out with RGB's own Sega Saturn to Jamma controller adapters. No issues with them as I had a couple Sega Saturn controllers around

depends on what game I’m playing, but most of the time my Saturn HSS-0130 is connected to my HAS (via DB15 breakouts). This stick has MC Cthulhu’s installed as well, so it’s more of my every console stick.

FDC6A68E-1FD9-4595-B9BD-B3A8352DAC1A.jpeg

Sometimes I just use one of these Qanba Q3’s, depending if it’s a Shmup, or I need to be quiet and use my silent stick. These have MC Cthulhu’s and Brook Universal Fighting Boards,

e7kthG4.jpg

VM6WvzC.jpg

but when I connect to the HAS I use undamned’s USB Decoders via the Brook UFB USB connection.

Sometimes I’ll just use my Neo Geo mini clicky modded controller
pZy7BEj.jpg

Or just Saturn Controllers via RGB’s DB15 Saturn adapters, or SNES controller’s via Arcade Forge’s DB15 SNES adapters

rz119qt.jpg

pQSPoli.jpg

Attachments

• FDC6A68E-1FD9-4595-B9BD-B3A8352DAC1A.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 999
I use a Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA with an Undamned converter. I actually have two of these. One I have set to 8-way and the other I have set to 4-way for puzzle games.

I use a Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA with an Undamned converter. I actually have two of these. One I have set to 8-way and the other I have set to 4-way for puzzle games and Pacman.
Fixed that for you!

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. Very informative.

Keep them coming...

8o

I use a Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA with an Undamned converter. I actually have two of these. One I have set to 8-way and the other I have set to 4-way for puzzle games and Pacman.
Fixed that for you!

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread. Very informative.

Keep them coming...

8o
Hah, Pac-Man is awesome too of course. :D

I use a Hori Real Arcade Pro V3 SA with an Undamned converter. I actually have two of these. One I have set to 8-way and the other I have set to 4-way for puzzle games.
I didn't know the Undamned converters could do that. And here I was thinking about getting a leaf spring stick specifically for those games when I got a supergun!

depends on what game I’m playing, but most of the time my Saturn HSS-0130 is connected to my HAS (via DB15 breakouts). This stick has MC Cthulhu’s installed as well, so it’s more of my every console stick.

Sometimes I just use one of these Qanba Q3’s, depending if it’s a Shmup, or I need to be quiet and use my silent stick. These have MC Cthulhu’s and Brook Universal Fighting Boards,

e7kthG4.jpg
@opt2not Those are some badass controllers, the Gradius and duo virtua!

Thanks @Neodogg, I’ve got a 3rd one of these Q3 shells I’m going to populate and wire out. Not sure about a theme yet. For layout I’m thinking about a classic 3-button dedicated stick. Or maybe a Neo Geo layout. I’m undecided!

Back