What's new

ITATTRACTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok fine friends,

Today's dilemma.
Running HAS 3.2 > 8 pin mini din > Scart to BNC > Sony PVM
I own a handful of Raizing boards, almost all of the Toaplan library and one Cave board. All of them have worked perfectly with very little fine tuning, however....
This week I very excitedly got my hands on Dogyuun and it plays great with the exception of one small issue. The left side of my screen exhibits an interesting "rolling" visual.

Vid here:

https://imgur.com/a/3qVrfkH

Basically if I move the ship to the left of the screen I get the usual extra inch or so gameplay area reveal that we see in a lot of older shmups, but on the left, it almost looks as if you were unrolling the game from a paper roll...from the top of the screen to the bottom, everything is there and nothing is missing but it reveals that extra inch or so in this rolling manner. Any ideas? The very very top left side is skewed just a bit upwards as well. At first I thought it was a geometry thing on my PVM but then I saw the rolling....It's not crucial nor does it mess with gameplay in any sort of real way but I'm curious what it could be.

Thanks as always for your guidance!

Last edited:
It's a known issue with using an OSSC, so I assume it's possibly the weird sync issues those boards have, probably yours is so bad it's affecting your HAS output.

For the OSSC issue, there may be a fix in the future via a new ROM or one may have to get the OSSC Pro. Read more here:

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65035

I would say try the different sync options with your HAS to see if you can get it fix out.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to try that PCB in a cab to make sure it's not actually a PCB issue first.

By the way, try changing your HAS' CSync buffer settings (make sure your HAS if off before changing) and test that first.

I no longer have the 3.2 manual, but I think it was labeled switch 15: CSync mode switch (SW2). Maybe... memory is hazy on this and I took a peek at my 4.0 manual (which has it labeled wrong).

I don’t have a cab (or an OSSC) but I did test with my XRGB Mini and it looks fine so it may just be funky with either the HAS or my PVM. I’ll pop it back into the HAS later and switch up the settings a little. At this point, it’s more of a curiosity than anything as gameplay isn’t effected to any really negative degree. Thanks for the advice!

Back