What's new

Merdan

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello. I ask for help. I have two arcade machines on the Lindberg platform identical identically. One of the devices flew a hard drive. How do I do disk cloning?

Edit: Wont work according to post below since the HDD is ATA locked.

1. Take the good HDD out.
2. Attach it to your laptop using any of these types of adaptor on the PC: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D76J1KO/
3. Use win32 disk imager (assuming you are not using Linux - then use "dd") to read and create the image of the HDD that is working (isnt flew).
4. Attach same model of HDD ideally to your laptop using the same adaptor.
5. Use win32 disk imager to write to the harddisk.
6. Check

Last edited:
The Lindbergh HDDs are ATA locked, and so it's not just as simple as connecting them to a PC and copying. You need to unlock them first using the ATA key.

The Lindbergh HDDs are ATA locked, and so it's not just as simple as connecting them to a PC and copying. You need to unlock them first using the ATA key.
Or just let it boot up in the Lindbergh, unplug just the data cable from the drive, and plug it into the computer you're using.

I didn’t succeed as you said. But I managed to unlock ringedge 2.

@rewrite The Lindbergh uses the IDE bus which generally isn't hot swappable (unless your IDE controller specifically supports it). That trick works fine with the RE, seeing as the SATA spec supports hot swapping, but not with the Lindbergh.

Yes, you were right. What can you advise me?

@rewrite The Lindbergh uses the IDE bus which generally isn't hot swappable (unless your IDE controller specifically supports it). That trick works fine with the RE, seeing as the SATA spec supports hot swapping, but not with the Lindbergh.
I hesitated commenting at first because I don't have any Lindbergh experience, but back in the days of the original XBox modding, the HDD security was bypassed using a hot swap of the IDE Hard drive. You are correct that generally, IDE doesn't support hot swap, the idea is to get the original board to unlock the drive with the key, then move it over while running to another device while in its powered on and unlocked state to read/copy/modify.

what game is it?
you may be able to find an image online or just a re-install dvd

I think on another thread he said Let's Go Jungle.

well i dont know how much it's been messed with, but i know there is a dump online for use with emulators.

Back