What's new
Frank put me down for 2 please, will these be cross compatible with Apocalypse's other multis?? If so, will need more :D
At this stage, no.

It won't work with CPS2, F3 nor STV. I'm not sure about other multis, there's a few variables at play.

It could always be adapted to work with other multis though.

Frank put me down for 2 please, will these be cross compatible with Apocalypse's other multis?? If so, will need more :D
At this stage, no.
It won't work with CPS2, F3 nor STV. I'm not sure about other multis, there's a few variables at play.

It could always be adapted to work with other multis though.
I think Derick was specifically asking about the other multis by Apocalypse -- C2, M72, etc. I think they're all using the same setup for switching games.

Oh, yes then it should work.

Things such as how the game resets (tied high or low for example), number of dips, are dips tied high or low etc need to be accounted for alongside the games list but these are trivial to adjust to suit via code.

I don't own any other Apocalypse multis however I'm sure someone I know could loan me one.

Put me on the list to buy one of these, please.

it is not a deal breaker, but can you offer it without the remote for cheaper? I don't see the point.

I can certainly offer the remote as an optional extra.

The point is I can sit on my couch and change games without leaving my seat!
Roger. I might have worded my post too strongly. I don't see the point for my particular setup, where I sit close to a CRT and the supergun is at my feet. I can understand how it would be useful for people with different setups for sure.

Hmm, not much room for images on the rectangular OLED screen. Unless you ditched the printed text / font altogether and replaced each entry with an image. Resolution is 128 x 32.

Could switch to one of the square ones if you want images, but the rectangular one fits in better in regards to mounting it to the multi PCB.

Attachments

• images (14).jpeg
    images (14).jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 174
I think we could still get some nice titles into 128x32...
You've seen the TrueType port of the Capcom SF2 font I did correct?
OUBALMS.png

Not going to lie I'm pretty proud of this one... Had to turn 8 colors into 2 (b&w) using dithering/dotmatrix blending!
M8WlPiJ.png

FqBjzH5.png

No difference between upper/lower case characters in Sega land, and it was originally 3 colors so conversion into 2 was cake/nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Programming wise text works better. Easier to handle but the main benefit is it can be ported to any other multi via editing a games list text file.

Programming wise text works better
Than IMO its a waste to even use a screen like that/which can handle more.
You want something basic? Or... You want something sexy?

What better for a Sega selector than a Sega font?

Well you can import your own fonts!

Screen choice is wise as it's small, uses fewer connections to the Atmega, no need for a backlight or contrast pot being OLED, crystal clear and easy to read etc.

Why strive for mediocrity?
When we could have perfection!

Don't act like a boomer :whistling:

I've given my perspective, Frank will take it into consideration or he won't.
It will be what he decides, but I have offered my help in making into something better.

The @jassin000 seal of approval doesn't come easy! I shall see what I can do, you've given me some ideas....

* Me: Slaves away for hours upon end, neglecting personal life and family, depriving myself of sleep, comes up with something great that no-one else has done before.

* Jassin: That's crap, make it better!

:P

Back