What's new
Frank, let me get the 2 setups with the 8mhz crystals, if it bothers me it should be easy enough to replace the crystal and the caps? correct?

I want the extra one to see if we can make it work with the brezzasoft multi cart :)
At the time of ordering the initial PCBs I didn't accommodate the crystal and caps. So for these PCBs 8MHz is the only option.
I've since redesigned the PCB with the crystal and caps. This gives you the option of leaving it unpopulated and running at 8MHz, or adding the components and running at 16MHz.

For the brezzasoft you'd be much better off prototyping with an Arduino Nano / Uno, breadboard and loads of patch wires.
In that case I will take one full kit for the $75AUD :)

I'll take the $75 package- it doesn't matter to me on the crystal.

I like the slow loading! Reminds me of old videogames. Feeling warm and fuzzy all of a sudden.

I remember many title screens loading like that on our old PC back in the day. Instant flashbacks.

I'm down for either one minus a remote as long as it supports the ossc remote.

Dare I say...

multi LCD Boyz?

In hindsight I wish I had, would have cost a lot less with a similar delivery ETA.

I've always been happy paying for express DHL as the PCBs have always arrived within 3 days. Nowadays with the world coming to an end it's taking 2 weeks.

In hindsight I wish I had, would have cost a lot less with a similar delivery ETA.

I've always been happy paying for express DHL as the PCBs have always arrived within 3 days. Nowadays with the world coming to an end it's taking 2 weeks.
Auspost is always a joke, but it is ten times worse now. They say they are prioritising express, yet I had an EMS package arrive in Sydney last Sunday. It got delivered Thursday. Well it got taken to the bloody post office. They no longer require signatures but still take packages to the post office if the door is not answered. Really defeats the purpose.

So happy. Everything working to my desires.

I can finally present to you the finished product. A SEGA System 16 OLED based games selector with optional wired remote board interconnected via USB C.
92456178_10219983407028549_4295301234002231296_n.jpg

Thanks man, nice when a plan comes together. :)

I'll post more details soon. Build a few this week and investigate postage options.

I'm in like Flynn...

Just curious, does there need to be an LCD on the main board, or can there just be one on the end of the USB cable?

Would this reduce cost and time to build them?

I personally would only need the one LCD at the end of the cable, but I will buy which ever version is available.

I also would only need one set of buttons.

:D

Doesn't need to be but I like having both options.

Eg the standalone option which mounts directly to the S16 multi, and is fully operational and functional on its own.

The wired remote board I included for people wanting to mount inside a cab and thus needing a way to operate it outside of the cab.

To answer your question, yes you could remove the OLED and buttons from the main unit and it would still function fine via the wired remote board.

I guess my question really is, can you make several different "kits" based upon what someone needs and price them accordingly?

:D

At this stage I'm more focussed on working out postage due to the Corona ceasing most services.

I'm not a fan off too much customisation as it puts more strain on me, I want to build them fast and efficiently and don't want to have to refer to a list of different requirements.

I build in lots, for example lay 5 PCBs in front of me and solder R1 on all 5, move onto next component etc. Having to keep tabs on different order requirements is time consuming.

At this stage I'm more focussed on working out postage due to the Corona ceasing most services.

I'm not a fan off too much customisation as it puts more strain on me, I want to build them fast and efficiently and don't want to have to refer to a list of different requirements.

I build in lots, for example lay 5 PCBs in front of me and solder R1 on all 5, move onto next component etc. Having to keep tabs on different order requirements is time consuming.
So if postage services overseas are frozen, does that mean you'll be forced to send locally only instead?? *wink wink* ;)

Back