• fantasy_zone.bmp
    318 bytes · Views: 103
Last edited:
That's it for me today.
  1. Passing Shot
  2. Action Fighter
  3. Heavyweight Champ
Three to go!

I want to help out, but I can't do shit with a laptop/trackpad (need a desk with a real mouse).
Since I'm at home today (because Boston is in a total state of panic) this is all I have to work with. :(

The rest are done!

Action Fighter:

index.php

logo-7.png

No way I was going to be able to fit one of the many vehicles featured on the title screen.

Passing Shot:

index.php

1181242143146.png

Heavyweight Champ:

index.php

Heavyweight%20Champ-1.png

(this one was tough trying to fit it into the small format)

I also updated Golden Axe and Altered Beast to be on the smaller sized images. These were already good candidates because they were pretty close to half the width we were alloted. I also did another pass on them to clean them up and add a bit more details.

index.php
index.php

And here's the entire 32 game line-up!

index.php

Shouts out to @jassin000 for getting the ball rolling, and @nem for taking a chunk of the workload as well. Great work everyone, these turned out to be pretty high quality tiny sprites! I'm super proud of what we accomplished, and I can't wait to see the fruits of our labor on our actual Sega System 16B Multi's!

Attachments

• ActionFighter.bmp
    320 bytes · Views: 264
  • AlteredBeast.bmp
    320 bytes · Views: 239
  • GoldenAxe.bmp
    320 bytes · Views: 228
  • HeavyweightChamp.bmp
    320 bytes · Views: 222
  • PassingShot.bmp
    320 bytes · Views: 216
  • SegaSystem16B_All.jpg
    SegaSystem16B_All.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 275
So happy and excited!

I knew heavyweight champ would be a challenge in the smaller size.

I had the same thought re G Axe and Altered Beast, perfect candidates for the smaller size. This might mean we have enough room to make one of the 64px bitmaps into a 128px. I'll let you know where we're at once I have them all loaded in.

PCBs are finished fabrication and might ship today or tomorrow. I used express shipping so if we're super lucky I'll have them by end of week, at worst early next week.

A big thank you to all involved.

Good stuff Frank , will we be able to express interest for purchasing here or elsewhere?

I'd like to have a working product in hand first, beta test it, receive feedback and then I'll create a separate thread to garner interest.

Then I'll know how many PCBs and components to order.

I think it's common sense to nudge people who already have the S16 multi in hand to the top of the list.

Guys, good lord, all games in and they look sensational.

Inversed Shinobi is perfection.

The last 6 submissions look fantastic. Golden Axe and Altered Beast look flawless and no worse off for being 64px. Them being 64px freed up some memory so I was able to use the 128px versions of Excite League and MVP.

No more room left now. All the 64px games look fine and don't suffer from being smaller.

I think the only game that may benefit from being 128px is Heavyweight Champ, for obvious reasons. We can accommodate this if I revert MVP back to a 64px image, which really doesn't degrade it much (as compared to Heavyweight being 64px).
IMG_20200317_162906.jpg

You know what, looking at it again let's leave it as is. Heavyweight looks fantastic as a 64px as MVP looks great stretched across the screen as a 128px image. Squeezing Excite League in in it's 128px form makes me happy too.

It's done, it's fabulous, thank you!

You know what, looking at it again let's leave it as is. Heavyweight looks fantastic as a 64px as MVP looks great stretched across the screen as a 128px image. Squeezing Excite League in in it's 128px form makes me happy too.

you know, I could try to put some vehicles in a large version of Action Fighter... :D
I feel that game is so cool that it deserves more pomp.

you know, I could try to put some vehicles in a large version of Action Fighter... :D I feel that game is so cool that it deserves more pomp.
I'll let you make that decision. We can certainly exchange a 128px for a 64px and vice versa.

I added the baseball to Super League. It was too plain jane for my liking. I also inverted it, because I think the shading works better that way.

super_league_1.gif

Your call, frank!

Also, @jassin000, may I fix the lettering on Dynamite Dux? Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine :(

Attachments

• super_league_1.bmp
    318 bytes · Views: 91
Back