What's new
For those not familiar, on the System 16 A board a connector labelled as CN5 is present on the right hand side of the board. This is a convenient spot to access +5V, ground and reset from. Here's a pinout extracted from the service manual.
Screenshot_2020-03-24-11-40-21-79_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.png

The only caveat is it's also utilised for analogue (trackball) controls however I'd suspect that very few people will be utilising these controls.

So if you're not utilising trackball controls it's a great spot to tap signals from. If you are using a trackball I/O there are plenty of other spots you can obtain power and reset from.

Yeah, that is crazy cool. Well done, frank!

(PS. I updated Wrestle War in post 271 :whistling: Be sure to grab that)
Okay updated to correct Wrestle War now. Not sure how I missed it, I did update Riot City from that same post just missed Wrestle War.

Reactions: nem
@opt2not & @nem

I've managed to further optimize code and have room for three more 128px bitmaps.

The following games are using a 64 pixel wide bitmap:

PassingShot
SuperLeague
SukebanJansiRyuko
AceAttacker
SonicBoom
SDI
GoldenAxe
AlteredBeast
HeavyweightChamp
Turyumon
FantasyZone
RyuKyu
Tetris
Bloxeed

Honestly there's no expectation here, all the bitmaps look great as is. Merely putting it out there in case you had a title you really wanted to see as a 128px bitmap.

So a tentative guide on pricing, $35 US for the whole kit and kaboodle. That's the main unit plus wiring harness plus IR remote plus wired remote board plus USB C cable.

I can make it cheaper by omitting (or at least making these items optional) the IR remote (use the one from your OSSC for example), the wired remote board and allowing the end user to supply their own USB C cable if needed for the wired remote board. I'd rather not have to supply IR remotes and USB C cables as these are generic items easier purchased locally.

The code is updateable if you purchase a USB-ASP programmer and this also allows a sub program to be run to code any IR remote. If people supply me with the IR codes I can alter the main code to suit. I'm thinking with assistance from the community we can create a database of a small subset of common and preferred remotes.

Not set in stone, merely a fairly accurate guide.

So a tentative guide on pricing, $35 US for the whole kit and kaboodle. That's the main unit plus wiring harness plus IR remote plus wired remote board plus USB C cable.
Great price. Thanks for keeping it so reasonable.

@Frank_fjs ... Sir,make the list and ask everyone what kit option want and then send all to Mitsu. Will be more easier to go one time at postal customs to grab all package togheter.

I was a little ambitious on the price, neglected to account for the second set of components for the wired remote board. Not far off, maybe a $5 discrepancy. I think the best way to keep the price in line with my expectations is for people to utilise their OSSC remote or buy one for a few dollars themselves if they don't already own one, and supply their own USB C cable. They're well priced ex Amazon etc.

I'll create a proper new thread over the weekend to garner interest and take orders etc.

I was a little ambitious on the price, neglected to account for the second set of components for the wired remote board. Not far off, maybe a $5 discrepancy. I think the best way to keep the price in line with my expectations is for people to utilise their OSSC remote or buy one for a few dollars themselves if they don't already own one, and supply their own USB C cable. They're well priced ex Amazon etc.

I'll create a proper new thread over the weekend to garner interest and take orders etc.
I love it but I think the remote is overkill for me. Can it be omitted entirely?

It can be omitted. Or, if you're willing to purchase a $5 programmer you can code any old remote you have laying around the house, perhaps a spare TV remote etc.

I love it but I think the remote is overkill for me. Can it be omitted entirely?
I'm in the same boat. I think the wired remote is perfect though.

That works. I'll include the functionality for an infrared remote and code it to accept an OSSC remote. I won't supply remotes to keep costs down. Personally I love the IR remote, once you try it you might too.

I'm excited! Any chance you'd be willing to tackle one for the Irem M72 Multi and ST-V Multi eventually? Rotary dials and DIP switches are functional and all, but OLED wins in my book.

I can do STV and M72 as i know people I can borrow these multis from, @dexster and @oneleaf86 respectively.

@opt2not thank you! I'd suggest starting with M72 in your own time. This should be quick for me to smash out as it won't differ much from S16. STV is a little trickier but just as doable.

The remote can be had for pretty cheap from alieexpress I think still have one or two left over from when I was hand building OSSC 1.5 so I'll be in for S16 and whenever the stv comes around

Back