What's new
Any idea on the $AUD price? Will it be double the $USD price? Also, do you have any of the S16 adapters left? I may just buy an adapter and the S16 USB switcher at the same time. Even though it will be a long time before I get an S16 multi.

Any idea on the $AUD price?
This should depend on what your exchange rate is. I never heard of anyone here giving a different price based on what country you are in, only differences in shipping costs. That would be vastly unfair if the prices varied.

Unfortunately you're at the mercy of the exchange rate.

If people are happy to supply their own USB C cable and IR remote (or use an existing IR remote they own) I should be able to do it for $60 AU / $35 US. That's for both the main OLED unit and wired extension board which also contains an OLED screen.

The first units will be ready in a matter of weeks, just awaiting some parts...

If people are happy to supply their own USB C cable and IR remote (or use an existing IR remote they own) I should be able to do it for $60 AU / $35 US. That's for both the main OLED unit and wired extension board which also contains an OLED screen.

The first units will be ready in a matter of weeks, just awaiting some parts...
Im ok with that :D let me get your paypal to sends you $$$

Frank you think you can adapt the selector for use with the Crystal System multi by Brizzo??

Frank you think you can adapt the selector for use with the Crystal System multi by Brizzo??
I see a 4 way dipswitch but no separate header to access it. So it could be done but you'd need to de-solder the current dipswitch and solder on the selector PCB or alternatively solder some wires to the underside of the dipswitch and run a harness to an OLED selector device.

I will have the selector all ready to go, before my Multi - I love it!

Can't wait to send Frank some bucks.

Matt

I see a 4 way dipswitch but no separate header to access it. So it could be done but you'd need to de-solder the current dipswitch and solder on the selector PCB or alternatively solder some wires to the underside of the dipswitch and run a harness to an OLED selector device.
Tagged you on the Brezzasoft thread not clogged up this one.

@opt2not thank you! I'd suggest starting with M72 in your own time. This should be quick for me to smash out as it won't differ much from S16. STV is a little trickier but just as doable.
I’ll start doing the M72 sprites this weekend. Looking forward to doing R-Type and the other bangers on that system. Stay tuned!

This should depend on what your exchange rate is. I never heard of anyone here giving a different price based on what country you are in, only differences in shipping costs. That would be vastly unfair if the prices varied.
Unfortunately you're at the mercy of the exchange rate.
Well Frank is in Australia, not the US which is why I asked specifically about our price. No idea why you think WE would be charged in USD.

This should depend on what your exchange rate is. I never heard of anyone here giving a different price based on what country you are in, only differences in shipping costs. That would be vastly unfair if the prices varied.Unfortunately you're at the mercy of the exchange rate.
Well Frank is in Australia, not the US which is why I asked specifically about our price. No idea why you think WE would be charged in USD.
Where did I say Frank would be charging you in USD? I said you are at the mercy of the exchange rate.
The price that is listed in USD -- $35-40 is most likely the cost of the hardware, plus profit margin for the work he has put in.
Take the USD price, punch it into google and get the exchange rate to AUD then that should give you a ballpark of what to expect to pay. Minus any exhorborent costs for not having to ship overseas.

The parts still come from elsewhere (China) and the costs are still the same. I don't understand if you're expecting that he charge Aussies segnifcantly less than everyone else. The only difference is the cost of shipping since you'd get a domestic rate.

This should depend on what your exchange rate is. I never heard of anyone here giving a different price based on what country you are in, only differences in shipping costs. That would be vastly unfair if the prices varied.Unfortunately you're at the mercy of the exchange rate.
Where did I say Frank would be charging you in USD? I said you are at the mercy of the exchange rate.The price that is listed in USD -- $35-40 is most likely the cost of the hardware, plus profit margin for the work he has put in.
Take the USD price, punch it into google and get the exchange rate to AUD then that should give you a ballpark of what to expect to pay. Minus any exhorborent costs for not having to ship overseas.

The parts still come from elsewhere (China) and the costs are still the same. I don't understand if you're expecting that he charge Aussies segnifcantly less than everyone else. The only difference is the cost of shipping since you'd get a domestic rate.
You are really missing the point. Frank is in Australia, not the US. He pays for parts in AUD, not USD. Naturally, he has made a USD price for people on this forum. Of course he will have an AUD price for us! That is his currency. How hard is that to understand? Do you think USD is the only currency in the world and everyone else has to use it to buy parts from China? What difference does "it comes from China" make? Again, Frank is in this country, he will be paying in Australian dollars. He even said he was at the mercy of the exchange rate buying parts. Why the hell do you think I said "will it be about double?" when I asked the AUD price? Also, where did I say I expected a "significantly lower price" for Australians? Frank sells things on Australian forums too, therefore he has an AUD price. If the dollar goes down more when he buys parts again, obviously the price may rise. Jesus christ, it is not a hard concept to grasp.

You are really missing the point. Frank is in Australia, not the US. He pays for parts in AUD, not USD. Naturally, he has made a USD price for people on this forum. Of course he will have an AUD price for us! That is his currency. How hard is that to understand? Do you think USD is the only currency in the world and everyone else has to use it to buy parts from China? What difference does "it comes from China" make? Again, Frank is in this country, he will be paying in Australian dollars. He even said he was at the mercy of the exchange rate buying parts. Why the hell do you think I said "will it be about double?" when I asked the AUD price? Also, where did I say I expected a "significantly lower price" for Australians? Frank sells things on Australian forums too, therefore he has an AUD price. If the dollar goes down more when he buys parts again, obviously the price may rise. Jesus christ, it is not a hard concept to grasp.
My apologies to you @segasonic91, this is just a misunderstanding. I didn’t mean to come off confrontational. I’m really sorry.
I was just suggesting that he listed the USD price, and that if you wanted to figure out a ballpark, you could just take that a convert it to AUD with the current exchange rate. That’s all. I didn’t mean to get you upset.
of course I don’t expect everyone to pay in actual USD. Believe me, I’m Canadian, when I was living back in Canada I had to do the conversion all the time. So I totally get what you’re saying.
I’ll just move on and not butt-in anymore on this topic.
Again, my apologies to you.

Slight update. Everything is on track to begin despatching the first small lot of units from 9th April onwards.

Received some sample remotes and they've turned out to be great. I've programmed them to the OSSC codes so both remotes will work out of the box. If people are willing to pay I'm happy to order in small lots and supply with the kit.

Parts are becoming increasingly more difficult and expensive to obtain. I think the best way to combat this is to bulk order now before the supply chain is cut off. For this to happen I will need to do a preorder system where people pay upfront and I assemble and ship as efficiently as possible.

Been optimising the code during the waiting period. Have implemented a few new features such as brightness control of the OLED, a button combo to display the code revision number and the bitmap of the current loaded game appears on the OLED after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Next step is to show off the final units and create a new thread to provide info about the product, gather interest, and start accepting payments for those happy to do so. Will begin this next week when I have assembled units in hand...
91161756_10219915009758660_2770664242800492544_n.jpg

Back