What's new
Above video shows exactly how it will run, using the internal 8MHz oscillator. If people feel that it's too slugish I can incorporate an external 16MHz crystal which effectively doubles CPU speed and makes it run a lot smoother for a few extra dollars.

Above video shows exactly how it will run, using the internal 8MHz oscillator. If people feel that it's too slugish I can incorporate an external 16MHz crystal which effectively doubles CPU speed and makes it run a lot smoother for a few extra dollars.
It seems fast enough in the video. But more megahertz? :thumbsup:

It really depends on how much the extra crystal adds to the BOM.

Crystal and 2 x capacitors adds about $1 to the build cost and a few more minutes assembly time. It runs acceptably at 8MHz but at 16MHz it's a lot smoother, for example the bitmaps render almost instantaneously as opposed to visibly being able to notice them being drawn from top to bottom.

At this stage I'm entertaining 3 pricing structures in Australian dollars.

$75 for the full complete kit. Consisting of the main OLED selector PCB, wired remote board PCB, wiring harness, 1 metre USB-C cable and IR remote.

$65 for the above sans the USB-C cable and IR remote.

$55 for the above sans the wired remote PCB.

$75 for the full complete kit. Consisting of the main OLED selector PCB, wired remote board PCB, wiring harness, 1 metre USB-C cable and IR remote.
Looks awesome Frank, I will take 2x of these with the 16mhz crystal please.

Last edited:
I have 10 x 8MHz PCBs on the way to me via DHL express. Hopefully someone still wants these otherwise I'm out a bit of money.

The USB C connectors and 10 pin headers (which aren't standard as I needed them to be longer) I want to bulk order asap as stock levels are low and I want to secure them before someone else does.

Doesn't look like the extra mhz is worth the trouble IMHO.

Put me down for one of the $65 kids please - No USB-C cable or IR remote.

Frank, let me get the 2 setups with the 8mhz crystals, if it bothers me it should be easy enough to replace the crystal and the caps? correct?

I want the extra one to see if we can make it work with the brezzasoft multi cart :)

I think 16mhz looks best, and it is Sega 16 so...

I'll take one of the highest end models with 16mhz please.

:D

Last edited:
I’d take one with the 16mhz. :thumbsup:

Frank, let me get the 2 setups with the 8mhz crystals, if it bothers me it should be easy enough to replace the crystal and the caps? correct?

I want the extra one to see if we can make it work with the brezzasoft multi cart :)
At the time of ordering the initial PCBs I didn't accommodate the crystal and caps. So for these PCBs 8MHz is the only option.

I've since redesigned the PCB with the crystal and caps. This gives you the option of leaving it unpopulated and running at 8MHz, or adding the components and running at 16MHz.

For the brezzasoft you'd be much better off prototyping with an Arduino Nano / Uno, breadboard and loads of patch wires.

I'll get one for myself plz and im waiting for 2 friends to get back to me to see if they want one too.
8 or 16mhz I dont mind, whichever you have excess stock of.

cheers :)

(I want to buy a sega16 multi too, i dont own one :( -- or a sega16 yet)

Ill just need an LCD selector setup without a remote since you've programmed it to work with ossc remotes

$75 for the full kit for me - I like the look of the 16mhz - so sounds like thats the next batch right?

Back