What's new

learningStuff

Student
Reaction score
I worked in an arcade back in 2000 and loved everything about. I only did very basic repairs like replacing flyback and cap kits, but now I’ve decided to jump into learning everything I can about the restoration of arcade hardware. Currently working on 4 arcade chasis and it’s coming along slowly but surely. I got back into it to eventually own Soul Calibur 2. I played so much of that game! Just picked up a Namco system 246 and am awaiting its arrival with a Gundam game in hopes to either get the dongle flashed or learn to do so. I’m also into Neo Geo, CPS2, and would one day like to get a STV and a Naomi. Excited to be here to learn and grow with this community.

Welcome!

Cool that you repairing chassis, etc...any info you can share on progress would be great, might help others. And if ever decide to offer it as a service, would be awesome as well.

Will do! So the one I’m currently working on is a k7000. It was getting vertical fold at the top. I replaced the flyback because it was the white knob versión and was literally falling apart. I then accidentally turned on the cab without connecting the anode cap which blew the fuse, HOT, and voltage regulator ‍♂️. A very fun lesson to learn. So now I’m awaiting replacement parts, and trying to figure out what could be causing the folding. I think IC2 May need pulled and checked but I’m not sure how to properly test the IC with a multimeter.

Back