What's new

learningStuff

Student
Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s possible to use a PlayStation 2 lightgun or any console lightgun with a 246? I’d love to get a Time Crisis setup but the guns are so expensive.

I'm going to say because 2x6 is a JVS based system it needs a JVS IO... So no.
But I really don't know much about it, I think @twistedsymphony is very well versed in the ways of JVS IO gun setups.

I know it's not what you asked but be far cheaper and less hassle to link two PS2s and play that way (plus you get all the other G-Con ported games as well). Pick up some cheap rear projection TVs and you have your own ghetto deluxe setup. PS2 Time Crisis 2 looks great on my $50 60" LG

tEm6YUC.jpg

Anyone know if it’s possible to use a PlayStation 2 lightgun or any console lightgun with a 246?
No, not for plug and-play setup.

CRT light guns are very simple electronics though you can make damn near any crt gun work with just about any crt game

you will need the special IO board though.

I know it's not what you asked but be far cheaper and less hassle to link two PS2s and play that way (plus you get all the other G-Con ported games as well). Pick up some cheap rear projection TVs and you have your own ghetto deluxe setup. PS2 Time Crisis 2 looks great on my $50 60" LG

Yeah I have a ps3 hooked up to a pvm with a lightgun setup. I suppose I could make some pedals out of old rockband equipment

Anyone know if it’s possible to use a PlayStation 2 lightgun or any console lightgun with a 246?
No, not for plug and-play setup.
CRT light guns are very simple electronics though you can make damn near any crt gun work with just about any crt game

you will need the special IO board though.
hmmm this is very true. If I can find a cheap gun io board maybe I’ll give a go.

Back