What's new

learningStuff

Student
Reaction score
How does everyone go about replacing their control panel plexi? Mine haha a bunch of cracks and I’d like to replace it. Also whoever had it before me removed all the screws except for the sticks. Is there a standard size I can replace these with?

What is your current cab? Pics? Some cabinets are common enough you can find some precut easily. Others you will need to find someone to do a custom piece.

A lot of people prefer Lexan over Plexi. Worth looking at both so you can choose which is best for you.

Get a new sheet of Lexan (more scratch resistant) and trace the shape with a trim router. Use a round-over bit to smooth over the edges facing outward, then you can use a small blow torch on the cuts to get them back to clear and not frosted from the routing.

Last edited:
What is your current cab? Pics? Some cabinets are common enough you can find some precut easily. Others you will need to find someone to do a custom piece.

A lot of people prefer Lexan over Plexi. Worth looking at both so you can choose which is best for you.

Attachments

• 890FE7F6-99A1-40C4-BB8C-558113985CD9.jpeg
    890FE7F6-99A1-40C4-BB8C-558113985CD9.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 160
Back