What's new

Mersanery

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently bought a twin cab at an auction but am having issues and don't have good documentation on the machine. I was hoping you all might be able to help me diagnose.

The console boots up, but none of the controls or test buttons work on the right side. The right side TV will also power off after 5-10min. The left side works fine.

I tried pulling the right gun board and hooking it up to the left side, but the game crashes immediately after loading the violence warning.

Also the right monitor was replaced at some point. I know the guns rely on certain monitors, but the pedal and service buttons should still work on that side right? Do both gun boards need to be plugged in for it to work? Do the dip switches matter?

Thanks in advance for any insights or ideas on where to start testing :)

You need two gun I/O boards (for both sides). Most System 246/256 games would complain if an I/O board isn't plugged in. Also check power supply voltages. There should be one in each cabinet (two total). Both System 246 pcb racks better not be dusty.

Leave all dip switches off for both gun boards btw.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll test the voltages out tomorrow to see if one if the supplies is going bad.

...might need to open and clean the pcbs while am at it. They have been sitting with the doors off for a while X/

I have been working on one for weeks to get everything working correctly.. I had a few issues which where voltage and cd Rom drive problems. My boards weren't booting up correctly and I also had a bad io /gun board on one side I had to change..

Back