What's new

mvgs

Beginner
Reaction score
So I have a toshiba m2933sw monitor in my netcity and decided to put it in my astro to play some cps2 games. When i went to power it on I got no picture. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Last edited:
When you say "tube" do you mean the entire monitor with 2933 chassis...
Or do you mean swapped the "tube" onto the Astro's chassis (which wouldn't work so if you did that problem solved).

Stupid question. Made sure to plug in power? If so use a meter to check for power at the power plug for the monitor. If you do have power then turn off the lights and see if there is neck glow on the tube when powered on. If no neck glow, start checking fuses on the monitor chassis. If you have neck glow make sure your rgb video harness is plugged into the monitor chassis.

So I have a toshiba tube ms2933 in my netcity and decided to put it in my astro to play some cps2 games. When i went to power it on I got no picture. Does anyone know what im doing wrong?
You're probably going to want to start talking in pictures as well as what you actually did in the swap. :P

I just did a similar move moving a Toshiba PF into another candy, so I should be able to help.

But you're getting static on the screen and power coming on like Mitsu said, yes?

The monitor works for sure I use it in my netcity but just stays black in the astro and it does get static. Hmm Im probably just going to give up on that astro :/ . Is there a way to change the monitor to 15k or is it something that happens automatically? I

The monitor works for sure I use it in my netcity but just stays black in the astro and it does get static. Hmm Im probably just going to give up on that astro :/ . Is there a way to change the monitor to 15k or is it something that happens automatically? I
There are two different video-in connectors on the PF chassis. One is for 31k, the other for 15/24k. If either is receiving a signal you should be getting /something/ on the screen.

If you've got static, you've got power, so the issue is signal somewhere.

I'm looking to swap out the monitors from my Naomi and New Astro City soon, just gotta make sure they actually fit.

@Milspex it will fit they are the same size I was just having video issues.

Back