What's new
OSSC is amazing for what it does, byt again it was not intended for arcade boards.
Just setup profiles for the boards you want to play (yes it can't hold more than 10 at a time, but still most boards don't actually need super unique settings).
I have one I just call "15khz JAMMA" that works for 90% of my games.
Then a "Midway" a "MVS" and finally a "Taito F3".

The biggest issue with using the OSSC is the strange sync rate of some arcade PCBs.
VLX monitor is very strict, and only likes say 59.0~60.1hz... That requires you to own a iScan DVDO VP30/50/50Pro.
As I mentioned hope is on the horizon with freesync (40~70hz) gaming LCDs, we just need that universal mounting bracket (I believe @ekorz is beta testing one).

Last edited by a moderator:
OSSC is amazing for what it does, byt again it was not intended for arcade boards.
Just setup profiles for the boards you want to play (yes it can't hold more than 10 at a time, but still most boards don't actually need super unique settings).I have one I just call "15khz JAMMA" that works for 90% of my games.
Then a "Midway" a "MVS" and finally a "Taito F3".
Share them settings please :)

Only one I have handy is MVS (I'm at work) but this is a good one to share because MVS will sync with Taito LCD raw (no DVDO needed).

Neogeo:
  • Pre/Post Coast 3
  • H. Threshold 10.0+ (or until lock, some games need a little extra)
You'll also want to play around with front/back porch settings to center the image, I didn't bother to record mine.
I did manage to screen shot all my DVDO settings for Midway boards (these are the hardest to get working as they require massive adjustment to both OSSC and DVDO).
MQBXKBg.jpg

cVtHehl.jpg

QcTx8nV.jpg

Z7yPtvS.jpg

0lc59d0.jpg

OPWL7j1.jpg

qQsfiTc.jpg

BRm7usu.jpg

EObCZx3.jpg

t2g3yle.jpg

kAfsDtt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Side question,
I cleaned my exhaust fan really well (It was caked in dust and grime) but the bloody thing is still super loud.
I am thinking of replacing it with a corsair silent fan or something along that line.
I replaced my stock vacuum cleaner noisy fans with these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037AQLLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dead silent, how I like it. And there are no connectors, you need to splice in your own if you want that.

I wasn't suggesting price gouging, I simply meant to point out the only recent sales figure was well over $650.

And the scalers pop up solo now and again for not a whole lot of money. So at least there's that.

I replaced my fan with my favorite 120mm fan, the Delta QFR1212EHE, combined with a cheap pwm fan controller with a temp probe (found on ebay or ali). Very quiet and moves a ton of air at low speeds. You can feel the negative pressure when it's running even at low speed when you open the coin door, but is very quiet. As a bonus, it supports soft speed ramping, so it slowly ramps between speeds (including from 0rpm/off) to keep the audible distraction from speed changes minimal, which will be very rare anyway unless you throw in a 500+W pc in the cabinet.

58543358502__0931CCE1-8F53-4B9A-AA08-CF2D79BCAB90.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I wasn't suggesting price gouging, I simply meant to point out the only recent sales figure was well over $650.

And the scalers pop up solo now and again for not a whole lot of money. So at least there's that.
I didnt take that way either. I think most often than not I price fairly or below going rates.

The jamma kits were a hard sell for me because I genuinely did not want to sell them.

Back