Vewlix Vs questions/advice taito x2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vewlix Vs questions/advice taito x2

So just picked up a Vewlix vs (first time having a vewlix) I know the IO thing has been talked about a lot.

was hoping this was gonna be plug and play.. never that easy lol

trying to figure out my options for operating a single taito x 2 multi in there. KC sent me this jvs to jamma I/O I’m assuming I’ll have to rewire controls/service/test/coin with a jamma harness.. which I can do.. question is How do I power this board. Do these type draw power from the jamma harness or a jst connector? USB??

was missing the control panel I/O

I didn’t see anything in the forums with this particular I/O (I tried)

Am I over thinking it is their an easier way?

Thanks for any direction.. I have a taito x2 working in a NNC if there is something easier to do for just the cp that would be ideal.. I think I may prefer a typical sega or taito I/O with a 60 pin connector idk..
      Images
      • A2069753-1F3D-40C0-8F77-1F4FF6B15E5E.jpeg

105.27 kB, 640×480, viewed 34 times
      • 50039714-8F02-49A9-BB78-33376A0AB950.jpeg

85.63 kB, 640×480, viewed 33 times
      • E609149B-5655-427B-96DE-41EF78F53A7A.jpeg

138.08 kB, 640×480, viewed 36 times
      • 57BE94FB-4DFC-4ADF-981C-28B3024AFCB5.jpeg

90.38 kB, 640×480, viewed 39 times
    • I say have KC get you the correct Taito JVS IO if possible.

or get a Arthrimus vewlix sega io adapter and a sega type 3 jvs io, can be found for $10-20 on yaj.

arthrimus.com/product/vewlix-sega-i-o-adapter-kit/

the last pic show the JVS vs board to link up 2 cabs, I doubt you will end up using it.

Wanted: Batsugun, Battle Garegga, Battle Bakraid, Deathsmiles, War of Aero
      13/14" TriSync Tube/Chassis, Vewlix Shipping Brackets
      If you have any of these for sale/trade let me know please and lets make a deal :thumbup:
    • Usukane wrote:

I can use for splitting video at least lol I'll keep buggin kc he said he may have this I/O hope so...
      nope either, use for X4s with some some specific games. USB Io, required a customs harness also.

need one of these for jvs games

If you have any of these for sale/trade let me know please and lets make a deal :thumbup:
    • The pinout on the 60pin connector is different between sega & taito, this why you need the adapter if you want to use a sega io in the vewlix.

The jamma edge IO he sent you is meant to adapt JVS games to Jamma cabs.