What's new

DaveR

Student
Reaction score
Hi, following my previous message I now got a new situation

Can someome confirm

838-14487 Is the mainboard I have in Primeval
I seen 838-14673 for sale

Presume these were for different games, if the CF card and discs are transferred is it likely to boot without too much fuss?

Looking at some random website (which may or may not be correct) it says that this motherboard replaces these games: "This motherboard is suitable for installation or replacement on the House of Dead 4 machine, Let's Go Jungle Machines, Initial D5 Machine and Sega R-Tuned Twin Racing Machine."

I know that HOTD4 and LGJ are originally Lindbergh Yellow games. This means that this new yellow motherboard will have a different processor to the one originally in Primeval - I've heard that Lindbergh Red games will only work on Lindbergh Red machines (so ones with a different processor). If you've also got another motherboard that your replacing you could try swapping the processor out into this new motherboard (as long as its not the processor itself that doesn't work).

Just noticed you're in Devon which is quite close to me - is this an arcade that you work at that you're repairing for?

aye, well i just tweeted u... anyway... one on ebay with that mainboard in a red box, thats why i asked.

I had a JVS IO card go down on me with error 6 this weekend, i spent a lot of time reviewing and tomorrow i migh have another system available to test against, but right now thinking of that deal i found as I also have a sound issue to sort on that mainboard as well (quite sound maybe op amp? ), so was thinking of buying a complete system instead of fixing it as time down and how quickly to get back up.

Ah yeah should be fine then - they obviously use that board for red and yellow.

Sounds like you've got a good plan, always worth having spare parts too!

the part number could indicate the region it was intended for or the bios and cpu version.
faster cpu's needed a newer bios version unless you wanted the annoying "unrecognised cpu" boot warning.

hi, still looking at this.. the unrecognised CPU message.. would I get away with it? I can't really Press F1 to continue or would it be a power off/power on to get past it.

connect a keyboard, press f1 and then use a dos boot device to flash the latest bios with flashrom

Ok so basically ur saying that there is some bios code that works on the family of boards which will work. presume the bios info on here somewhere.

they are in mame, the newest afaik is 6.0.0010

Back