What's new

segasonic91

Student
Reaction score
I was so happy today to buy a CPS-II Darksoft Multi. When tested before taking home, it was only giving a black screen. I figured it was a bad motherboard as the fan was not working.

I also thought that maybe the files on the SD card were incorrect. After cleaning up the A board, I tried again with some random games. The second one worked! "Success!" I thought, it was the Vampire Saviour hack which was another reason I thought maybe the board had encrypted roms. There was no sound though.

So anyway, I thought I would take it apart and put it together again to make sure everything was seated properly. When I got it apart, I discovered 3 broken pins on the main board. All the others were straight, so it is possible it was like it on arrival. Is this an easy fix? Is there a "clip on" pin I can use on the broken pins? I am thinking that maybe the only way will be to desolder the pins and replace with new ones. I am hoping that is not the case. Where do I get new pins if I have to replace them outright?

Thanks in advance for your help! So disappointed, I was looking so forward to finally having a CPS-II multi and not having to swap my many CPS-II boards ;( I got the F3 today with this one, but it was not working on testing either. Have not had a chance to test again.

Sorry! Posted this at 5am after being up all night and kind of forgot that important feature... :D

Attachments

• received_215440049816907.jpeg
    received_215440049816907.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 146
I can. I just need to find my damn iron, lol. Lost it somewhere when I moved.

That would be fantastic, thank you. It does not not look too difficult looking at the board, looks like a straight-forward desolder and resolder job. Does the green board there need to be unclipped? Or do they just slide in-out into position?

I did notice an Au contact for busted pins in the instructions PDF, do they have pins? I thought it might be easier for you if I can get them locally. Thanks again for your help (and of course, awesome product!)!

I think Darksoft did send pins to someone in Australia but I dont remember who.

I'm the AU contact - I know the person the pins were sent to, I can't remember if he left them with me or not.

Either way I can replace them and safely mount your multi kit if you send me your multi and B board

Happy to take a look at the F3 as well. I have a known working motherboard I can use to test and compare. Let me know what you want to do.

I'm the AU contact - I know the person the pins were sent to, I can't remember if he left them with me or not.

Either way I can replace them and safely mount your multi kit if you send me your multi and B board

Happy to take a look at the F3 as well. I have a known working motherboard I can use to test and compare. Let me know what you want to do.
That would be awesome, thank you! If I cannot get the F3 working with another SD card, I will gladly send it as well. Very much appreciated.

How would you recommend sending the CPS2 board? I have carefully wrapped it up in the bubble wrap it came in and put it back in the original box but there is a lot of room in there. I thought about packing the box with bags of soft foam tjat I have received in boxes from Japan so I does not move, and then wrap the box in bubblewrap and cushion again. Those pins are so delicate, I hate to think what AusPost would do to them ;) I did sell a refurbed MEGA-CD model 1 2 weeks ago and it arrived safely, so miracles can occur!

EDIT: Duh, you mentioned sending the B board, I guess I can safetly pack it in there.

The CPS2 multi would have come if you bought it recently in a nice custom made box. If it's in there it will be fine.

The B board needs to be wrapped in bubble wrap and put in a reasonable box and it will be fine.

Where are you located in Aus?

Hahaha ok, no need to worry about postage then. I'm in Nerang :D
Ahhh, perfect! Not far up the M1 then. Just let me know whenever is good for you for me to drop them off. That was GREAT grammar!

I have still had no luck with the F3, but I did notice that the SD reader has not been soldered properly. I have managed to load 2 games; Arkanoid and Bubble Symphony. I can hear them running, but have the same rapidly rolling picture. They do not load consistently though. I just have NO CLUE wtf is wrong with this thing and it is REALLY driving me nuts! I wish I had a second motherboard.

Back