What's new
Are you getting about 5.2v at the JAMMA edge? Try disconnecting the Fan (I never have mine plugged in, either the F3 or CPS2 and it is fine)

My Multi F3 did exactly the same when I swapped an F3 Motherboard, it seems to not want to sync up on screen and I could not get a picture no matter how much I adjusted the controls. I kept reattaching the JAMMA connector and it eventually started working again. I know it is not much of a solution!
Thank you for the reply!

The fan was disconnected when I bought it, so that should not be a problem. Does it still tye extra power if the fan is not being used? Does the multi draw more as well?

I have tried attaching and re-attaching so many times, on 4 different machines but no luck :( At least I am almost 100% about tye motherboard being at fault! Hopefully with a different mother, it will work and tye games freezing will stop. If the games still freeze with a working mother, then I know I have a problem.

Just wondering about the mother you had that had this problem. Was the mod done properly? I don't think mine was done well, and it looks like there is too much plastic and pin showing where 2 or 3 of the tabs were. I keep wondering if THAT is causing a problem too!

Yes, the Multi will draw a bit more, best to have it around 5.15-5.20 (personally I find this is about the sweet spot for most of my PCBs unless you are running Bootlegs)

I took the tabs out myself with some long nose pliers and wire cutters. They don't need to be flush but no more than 3mm I would say, if you could upload a pic of the tabs.

Obviously if you could swap with another F3 motherboard then try that, F3's are funny with the display sync for some reason iirc

Back