What's new

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
So I got this relatively inexpensive Ibara. The issue is, the seller claimed cap replacement but something broken afterwards:

ケイブ/CAVE 鋳薔薇 IBARA イバラ 電解コンデンサ全交換/電池交換済 動作確認済 ジャンク 1円~

・起動時間が若干遅いです。また、自機撃墜時の処理が少し重いためジャンク品として出品致します。

Google translate is letting me down on this one.

1. Did he replace all the caps or just one?
2. What the hell is the junk part? GT tells me start up time is slow and I think, when you get blown up there is slow down. So, I guess I have never played this game before, when you die, there does seem to be a bit of slow down, is that normal for this game?
3. Am I even understanding the issue on this one?

Looks like it says all capacitors and battery were replaced.

And that it boots up slightly slower than normal. etc...the junk part is just there as a disclaimer. basically saying the while it works they consider it junk so you cant file a claim to return it etc..

Did you get it from yugen2plus? I suspect this account has shill bidding going on.

Looks like it says all capacitors and battery were replaced.

And that it boots up slightly slower than normal. etc...the junk part is just there as a disclaimer. basically saying the while it works they consider it junk so you cant file a claim to return it etc..

Did you get it from yugen2plus? I suspect this account has shill bidding going on.
Yes that's the seller, but I only paid 67500 yen plus tax/shipping, so I feel it was an OK price. I was trying to get an Ibara for under $700 USD. The caps all look great, but I'm having a hard time telling if they were all replaced or just the big ones.

So what do you make of the slow down part?

Here is the auction for the curious: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s706705923

So what do you make of the slow down part?
Can you please post a video? (assuming you have it in hand?). Can make a video of mine and we can compare both parts directly.
They absolutely shill bid. They're ridiculous with their x68k stuff about that. You'll see the same item pop up a week later if it went under a certain threshold...

The shill bidding is pretty obvious, yes. yugen2plus is Beep shop. It's weird, because they have a nice reputation otherwise.

Regarding slowdown, Ibara definitely has a decent amount of slowdown on PCB.

Here is a recording of my playing through it (PCB), that you can compare to your own stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNvVEqdghE

You generally want to suicide lives down to zero before getting extends at every million, so there's plenty of intentional deaths in that video.

edit: If it works, that price seems pretty good btw

The shill bidding is pretty obvious, yes. yugen2plus is Beep shop. It's weird, because they have a nice reputation otherwise.
That's interesting b/c they know their stuff on PCBs as well. A repair where they break something they don't fix seems odd. Maybe @Derick2k is right and it's just a way to avoid returns.
Regarding slowdown, Ibara definitely has a decent amount of slowdown on PCB.

Here is a recording of my playing through it (PCB), that you can compare to your own stuff.

You generally want to suicide lives down to zero before getting extends at every million, so there's plenty of intentional deaths in that video.

edit: If it works, that price seems pretty good btw
Thanks for the info, I'll have to mess with it after work and let you guys know. It seems to work fine so far.

Yeah, there is something definitely wrong here, on your recording the red ship never gets hit by the purple bullets. On my PCB it happens every 10-20 seconds!

All jokes aside, first you're awesome, second, the slowdown happens for me when I get hit, there is a slight pause as the ship comes apart. Other than that, it seems to function normally. I'll try to get a video of it.

Also, the "start up is slow", I don't know what that means, there is a long boot sequence, but I thought al Cave PCBs had this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your game. Both the slight pause when your ship gets destroyed and the long boot sequence are normal. Cave collectors are fanatics, so that's why sellers mention something like a cap having been replaced.

You got a great game for a great price. Congrats.

Thanks @nem (and everyone else).

I think you're right about it, but since I already shot the video, here you go:

I think it seems to work fine. Maybe one day I'll get good enough at it to go through the whole game and verify it all works!

The price was random luck and just me being stupid. I don't like to buy potentially faulty games if I can avoid it!

Looks fine to me and I’ve played Ibara pretty extensively. I don’t see any delay on death that’s any longer than the usual animation/pause.

Back