What's new

fruktprins

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased a Sega Blast City with a Pandoras Box 4s. Before transportation everything was working fine but when I power it on at home the monitor is all blue with horizontal lines and it dies after a few seconds. Game seems to be working fine. Controllers and sound works even though I cant see anything. Unfortunately I dont have any other pcb to test currently.

It looks like this:

The monitor is a Nanao 2930s with dipswitches that are correctly set to down, up, down. I have checked every connection I can find and they all seems to be connected properly. This is my first cab and I honestly don't know where to start the troubleshooting.

Thank you!

need to throw in another board to be sure....could be the monitor freaking out, could be something in the video section on the pcb.
Transport does this to games all the time.

Solder connections crack...things that worked before, go haywire....If you have any friend in town, that has a spare jamma arcade board, borrow it, boot it up, and you'll know for sure. If you get the same screen, something happened to your monitor chassis, and you will need to learn how to PROPERLY de-static your monitor, and remove the chassis for repair,

or the game boots up fine, and its just your pandora box graphics that died.

If you've never worked on cabs before, you are in for a wild ride....I'm sorry. Just remember...if it's the monitor...watch some videos and do research before removing the chassis....the potential shock, when you pull the anode cup from the back of the tube, is severely unpleasant.

I wish you luck.

need to throw in another board to be sure....could be the monitor freaking out, could be something in the video section on the pcb.
Transport does this to games all the time.

Solder connections crack...things that worked before, go haywire....If you have any friend in town, that has a spare jamma arcade board, borrow it, boot it up, and you'll know for sure. If you get the same screen, something happened to your monitor chassis, and you will need to learn how to PROPERLY de-static your monitor, and remove the chassis for repair,

or the game boots up fine, and its just your pandora box graphics that died.

If you've never worked on cabs before, you are in for a wild ride....I'm sorry. Just remember...if it's the monitor...watch some videos and do research before removing the chassis....the potential shock, when you pull the anode cup from the back of the tube, is severely unpleasant.

I wish you luck.
Thank you, I get another board to test with as a first step!

Back